Childless not by choice
Options

Intro and Health Problems

Hello, I'm a new member on the Bump (although I lurked on TK a lot while I was planning our wedding). Anyway, I was hoping for a little bit of help. I've been married 2 years and my husband and I were planning to start TTC last fall. In September, I had a giant health crisis (both physical and mental) and that got put on hold. Since that time I've been diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder (which causes a significant amount of pain), autonomic issues, anxiety, and depression. 

With these diagnoses, I don't know if I'll ever be ok to have a baby. I have significant pain, so I don't know if my body would hold up through a pregnancy, plus my hormones may dangerously affect my mental illnesses, I'm on medications that would be dangerous while pregnant, and I have to consider the possibility I may pass my genetic illness on. There are so many negatives that in my rational brain, I feel like pregnancy is just never going to be an option, but that thought is absolutely heartbreaking to me. Is anyone in a similar situation? Do you have any advice for me? 

Diagnoses: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, POTS, PCOS

Re: Intro and Health Problems

• Options
    My situation is not as similar but we have tried for 7-8 years. A viable pregnancy has never been in the cards for us and DH is anti-TTC at this point. Having lost 3, he never wants to go through it again. We are "open" to adoption but NOT pursuing it. We are licensed foster parents but have not opened our home up after our last placement went to an adoptive home. 

I agree with the advice that @wickedsugar gave. Live life, do what you love and of course live healthy. 

While it's not the same reason, many of us have to go through the same struggle to realize it isn't in the cards for us. I have depression issues which were way worse due to my old job that made me absolutely insane.
    Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

• Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    I have a heart issue, chronic pain issues, and schizophrenia. I had been TTC for several years (with a lot of close monitoring) and several losses. We'd called it quits once before and I got pregnant and had another loss while on BCP. I'm having a really hard time accepting being CFNBC, but I agree with Wicked. Doing what is needed to keep yourself healthy and enjoy life with your partner. Find new hobbies and just live life for you. We just moved across the country in hopes of it making starting fresh a little easier. Just do what feels right for you.

Good luck.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"