Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Rolling over - help!

My LO is just 12 weeks today and started rolling over yesterday (back to front and vice versa).  We are so excited for her but wondering what to do about sleep.  I don't feel comfortable swaddling her when she can roll over (plus she almost always gets at least one arm out) but when she is unswaddled, she rolls over and wakes herself up.  I think she could get back to her back if she had to but the problem is more that as soon as she gets herself to her side or tummy, she wakes up and starts crying.  We haven't tried letting her CIO in either position as I'm not that comfortable with her on her stomach and she's only been doing this since yesterday, so we haven't had a lot of practice.

Any suggestions for getting her to sleep better?? Before this she was a great sleeper and was starting to hit 8-9 hours at night.

Re: Rolling over - help!

• Options
    That's so early to roll! LO will eventually adjust and stop crying when she rolls. Let her fuss a bit, but if she cries soothe her back to sleep. Eventually she'll fuss but not cry and then she'll stop fussing all together. Hang in there! They master rolling so fast! This will pass!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"