December 2013 Moms
Options

Where do you feed your LO?

What do you place your LO in when feeding them? The high chair seems to big for him. He is 5montjd old and just starting solids. Should I buy a bumbo? I heard bad things about it, wondering what else I could use. Any ideas, pics welcome thank you

Re: Where do you feed your LO?

• Options
    ameegeeameegee member
    I just bought Kahlan a highchair. But we feed her on laps, in her bouncer or the bumbo too. She's 5 months Monday and been doing solids for almost 2 weeks. We haven't had any issues with the bumbo and I think the main bad things are if that's the only time they sit up it can make them avoid learning to sit. But we give her plenty of practice
  • Options
    I use a fisher price space saver. It reclines if your LO isn't totally able to hold their head up yet! My LO loves it, even plays in it sometimes! She's not reclined in this picture though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FP space saver.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In his Sit Me Up seat for now. It gets the job done. But next weekend H is putting our highchair together.
  • Options
    Usually, the bumbo on the floor.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited May 2014
    This is what we use. Its a portable high chair with 5 pt harness that turns into a booster seat. It can also recline. I like it. It's called a miSwivel. I forget the brand, I think the First Years?

ETA in this pic my LO is 4 months and change
  • Options
    We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster seat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think we might go the bumbo route, it will only be used for eating since he can almost sit without support. Thanks ladies
  • Options
    KFiori1KFiori1 member
    High hair
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mostly in her high chair, sometimes on our laps.  I've noticed she eats more, and is less distracted, on my lap.
  • Options
    ScarlettVScarlettV member
    edited May 2014
    We use our high chair. It has a little support pillow and he straps in nice and tight.

Use to use the bumbo but it got too messy. He loves sitting in the high hair.

• Options
    Just the ikea high chair. Can't squeeze his legs into the bumboo
  • Options
    We used a gumbo, didn't really like it. Just bought him a highchair at ikea last week. We're not really doing solids much yet, but IMO the Bumbo was a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Aycul18Aycul18 member
    At out house we use her high chair the graco blossom. At my parents, they use the bumbo, and at my in laws they use a rocker chair that has a "kickstand" so it doesn't rock.
  • Options
    We use a high chair. She leans to the side a little since she can't sit fully unsupported yet but she actually does really well in that!
  • Options
    Love it Sooz. I kinda wish I would have gotten the TrippTrapp but I'm going to wait until I don't have to buy all the extra stuff to have him sit in it...then by that time he can just have his sisters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"