Boston Babies
Options

Intro & Question on choosing Ob / Hospital

Hi Ladies - I have been undergoing fertility treatments for the last year-plus (trying to get pregnant for the last 2+ years).  We FINALLY had success this last cycle!  It is still VERY early (5 weeks today), and I have my ultrasound with my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) on the 3rd.

I know if all goes well, I will have one more appointment with her and then we will be released to an ob/gyn.  I do have a gynecologist (she is an ob/gyn) but I haven't seen her in over a year since I moved on the the RE.  

Currently all my medical care / dr's are at Harvard Vanguard, which is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.  I know if I ask for recommendations I will likely get obs that are within HVMA, but I would love to get your thoughts on which hospital is best for delivering in Boston (we live in Back Bay).  I can then find a ob and potentially MFM there.  Additionally, how do you select an ob?

We are very new to all this - and unfortunately don't have any friends in Boston who have recently had kids (and of course we haven't told anyone yet)

Many thanks in advance!!!
***signature/ticker warning***
Me:37 DH:39
TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro & Question on choosing Ob / Hospital

• Options
    Boston MFM

Dr golen bi
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    karichkarich member
    Delivered my two oldest at MGH. Got amazing care.
    Dr Jeffrey Ecker is there in MFM. He is extremely well respected in the field, on a national level.
    You should google him....his qualifications are very impressive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered at MGH and had an amazing experience. If you're in the Back Bay, you can walk to appointments (which is what I do, because I work in that area). Seriously, highly recommended!

Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you very much Ladies.  Greatly appreciate the advice.

I need to do some more research - and of course see what my RE says at our u/s next week (hoping our little one is still there and growing!)

TTC#1 since 3/2012

IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I work at BIDMC in Boston but delivered my last two children at BWH and LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD the care and security measures for me and my child the floor was extremely secure, my DH and guests were attended to as well as me and my baby. I WISH delivering there was covered under my current health insurance. This time around I am probably going to teh BIDMC dedham facility.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    Dr Lau at MGH is quite wonderful!! I'm early into my second pregnancy and hoping for our first baby, so I can't say much about delivery but she's an awesome OB/GYN. Good luck!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I delivered at BIDMC and had a great experience. My hospital was selected based on my OB/GYN choice. Boston OB/GYN is great. I see Dr. Lafornara. I found her based on word of mouth. For my MFM I used Boston MFM....Dr. Tacoudes and Dr. Cohen (he's a riot). Convenient thing is that both practices are both in the same building.

One note....sometimes your selected OB Won't be the Dr who delivers your baby. If this is important to you be sure to check with your practice.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    Thank you all!  We have our first u/s with our RE next week and will figure out the timing of being released to an ob at that time (likely not for another 2 - 4 weeks I think).  And will ask for referrals and do research on hospitals in the interim.
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"