Late Term and Child Loss
Options

How do you cope when you have no living children

Hi guys - I'm struggling, I'm angry, I'm jealous and I can not seem to be around or talk to anyone with newborns.... I also am struggling talking to anyone that has living children if it seems to be all they talk about. I hate that I feel this way but I'm so bitter - I look at these pics on FB and unfollow, I find no joy or interest in anyone's children these days - it's hard because most people I know have kids and I am just bitterly uninterested. I have 2 beautiful nephews that crave my attention and I find myself limiting it but I love them so much. I feel like a horrible, ugly and bitter person but I'm also so trying to just protect myself from meltdowns. I know there is no answer or quick remedy for this so guess I'm just venting - thanks as always for listening xoxo

Re: How do you cope when you have no living children

• Options

I have no advice just big, big hugs. I am so sorry you are feeling this way.

• Options
    ((big hugs) hun..I understand. I have no living children and have battled bitterness and jealously. I've unfollowed or unfriended friends on facebook because it is to painful. The feelings you have are normal. I'm working on not being angry at someone who is blessed with children. They have their own difficulties, scars, and journey. It's not their fault my baby died. It's a hard issue to battle, one I continue every day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I can sympathize as I have the same issues. I have 90% of my FB friends unfollowed because it just makes me so sad to see pictures pop up all the time. I wish I had a solution but I don't :(     (((HUGS))))
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I could've written that post, as well. ((hugs))

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Options
    I don't have much advice for you. I struggle with this too (though mine is more sadness than anger...I just break down into sobbing fits). On Facebook, I have unfollowed most with little ones or those who are pregnant because I find the connection is too impersonal - it causes me to feel the bad part without recognizing the good part of the person (which is much easier to do in person). One thing that I took from the muchness challenge was to reframe my triggers, so I've been recently praying for the children of little ones (in the womb or out) - that they would be safe and that others would not have to experience the same heartache. If you don't believe in God, you could just send positive vibes their way. It's a small way for me take control back in a situation where I feel out of control and in all honesty, if I look deep in my heart, I don't want them NOT to have their children, I just want my daughter back. Like @shandorfml2‌ said, it's not their fault we lost our children and I try to remember that. Not sure if that will help, but hopefully there's something you can run with. Sending hugs your way, @Jellybean71514‌.
  • Options
    Thanks guys I'm hoping in time the feelings will subside right now it's just really really hard xo
  • Options
    sorry you are feeling so down.  i can totally relate and it can be just so very hard at times, and also can make me feel really alone.  ((hugs))

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    So sorry that you are feeling the way that you are but know that it is a completely normal way to feel and I feel that way myself. I have a co-worker that is due with her son on my what was Christopher's due date and not only do I avoid her at all costs but when people ask her about how she is feeling, if she has everything ready, etc....etc... it makes me a little angry because I am jealous :(  Try and not be too hard on yourself for feeling how you feel. You know how it feels to lose a child and they should never be upset with you for missing them so much that your feelings come out a little "bitter" sometimes. ((Hugs))

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    hsabyanhsabyan member
    I can relate to feeling like a horrible, bitter person.  I find myself caught between being irritated with people with small children or babies at stores and wanting to cry when I see them.  I was on the same shopping path with a very visibly pregnant woman and her small children at Target yesterday and I couldn't help but feel bitter and jealous.  It made me angry that she had everything that I want. She had a baby in a carseat in her cart AND she was pregnant AND she had another small child walking along with her.  How can it be that she is able to have all those children when I just had to say goodbye to my one and only? 

My sister in law is pregnant right now, due in September.  She had been with a man for a month before she *oops* got pregnant.  I hate that my husband and I tried for almost a year to get pregnant to have it end in heartbreak, and she is having a baby that she hadn't really even planned on having.  I've been given a pass at helping plan her baby shower, but it makes me angry that I can't get myself in the frame of mind to be happy for her. 

It's like there are two sides of my emotions at work.  The one side is angry and bitter and hurt and doesn't want other people to have the joy of children in their life (or at least not in front of me).  The other side is shameful for the way I find myself feeling.  I'm angry at myself for being so bitter and spiteful.  I don't want other people to be unhappy; I just want my daughter back. 

I have no words of wisdom for you, because I am caught in the same thought pattern.  Know that you're not alone.  ((hugs))
  • Options
    LyndseyTS said:
    I don't have much advice for you. I struggle with this too (though mine is more sadness than anger...I just break down into sobbing fits). On Facebook, I have unfollowed most with little ones or those who are pregnant because I find the connection is too impersonal - it causes me to feel the bad part without recognizing the good part of the person (which is much easier to do in person). One thing that I took from the muchness challenge was to reframe my triggers, so I've been recently praying for the children of little ones (in the womb or out) - that they would be safe and that others would not have to experience the same heartache. If you don't believe in God, you could just send positive vibes their way. It's a small way for me take control back in a situation where I feel out of control and in all honesty, if I look deep in my heart, I don't want them NOT to have their children, I just want my daughter back. Like @shandorfml2‌ said, it's not their fault we lost our children and I try to remember that. Not sure if that will help, but hopefully there's something you can run with. Sending hugs your way, @Jellybean71514‌.

This is beautiful @LindseyTS. I think that is the best way to look at the situation. My biggest struggle is with my sister in law. She and I got pregnant around the same time and had all kinds of plans to raise our babies together. Now, she has her beautiful little girl and I hurt so badly every time I am around them. But, you are right, I would never in a million years want something to happen to my niece, I just want Isaac back. I'm going to try and take your advice to pray for her health and future when it hurts the most.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you again for listening I finally faced my future SIL with her kids this past weekend at a BBQ, her youngest is 3 months old and was going to be best buddies with Joseph so it was incredibly hard to see her and also was the first time since losing Joseph that I saw her. I teared up a few times and excused myself once to take a break- when i walked in I said hello to the family and mentioned that she was cute and got so big but found myself avoiding her for the rest of the day and not acknowledging she was there - I felt like a fool acting like this and also a horrible human but it was all I could do to protect myself and avoid any meltdowns. I found myself looking at her as if I didn't feel awful enough and thinking how is it possible this woman has 3 healthy kids and I couldn't manage 1? Then the bitterness set in as everyone just passed her around and gushed over her I couldn't help get angry that they were not acknowledging my son that was also beautiful but just not there with us, again feeling so foolish. I think I just resolved to myself that I am not ready to hold or shower any babies with attention right now but I feel I've made progress being in a room with one so I guess that's a good step forward for now xo
  • Options
    Sometimes it's seems silly, but I think you did make progress. It's so difficult to be around babies we had plans for with our own little ones. I feel that same way about my nephew and goddaughter.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"