January 2013 Moms

From daredevil to fraidy cat

goocran7goocran7 member
edited May 2014 in January 2013 Moms
DD used to be the biggest daredevil/social butterfly on the planet. She loved dogs, cats, water, and every person she ever met. She was literally afraid of nothing. Now over the past 2 months she's deathly afraid of dogs and has even freaked out just at the sight of a few men who she's known since birth and sees multiple times a week. She was even afraid of a small waterfall at the docs office today. And don't get me started on hair washing.

Any other kiddos go through this, and if so, did they grow out of it?
BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: From daredevil to fraidy cat

• Sorry, no advice here. 

I just witnessed DD get scared about something for the first time in her life just now. And it was watching an episode of "Sofia the First." There was a giant and some other creature and when they came on the screen, she screamed and started crying. It's an episode she's watched numerous times too. 

Hopefully this doesn't extend to other animals and things. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My DD has just started getting shy around strangers--up until a few weeks ago she would smile and wave at anyone.  According to our nanny it's a pretty normal stage at this age. 
  • Loading the player...
  • On Sesame Street, there was a tornado that had a scary face.  M screamed and hid around the corner.  I said, it's okay, he's gone, and she came back, but then he came back on the screen and she hid again.  She also does not want there to be any pieces of things (like a piece of leaf or something) in her bath.  Even this spring she would crawl and toddle around a park and not look back, but now she wants me to hold her hand every where.  She suddenly does not like to be on playground equipment unless I am right beside her.  She still is okay with other people and had fun with a new baby-sitter.  I am kind of glad for this stage--I am really hoping she gets some sense about things like not diving head first off the couch--it would be a lot easier for me to keep her safe.
  • Well, we got a new kitten this week and she was a little standoffish at first but now she chases him around and laughs. Hopefully it's just a stage that she'll grow out if, cause I miss having a dog in the house.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Las135Las135 member
    DS has became afraid of my dads Harley Motorcycle.  Something that he used to find funny, and love to watch him ride off.  Now the sound of it scares him, and he runs to my legs. Understandably, it is a loud bike, but E never used to be afraid of it.  

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"