Babies on the Brain
Options

Hello!

I'm new to this board, and I'm mostly a lurker on my month board. I have an 11 month old little girl, Betty, and I am all the sudden struck with intense baby fever. I don't get it because a month ago I swore I was never having another baby! I think it's probably because she's almost a year old, and I feel like she's not a baby anymore. So I'll probably hang out here. I JUST had my first pp period this month, and we're definitely not trying for another one yet. I need to figure out how to prevent--I am on the mini pill now, but I've been told it isn't as effective after the first year. I'm still breastfeeding, but she also eats regular food 3 times a day. SO I have no idea what my cycles are like. Before Betty we charted and temped--so once I start getting enough sleep, I'll probably go back to that. Sorry this was so long! Just wanted to say hello :)

Re: Hello!

• Options
    Hi, and welcome. I'm new to this board too... No babies yet and still waiting to TTC, but definitely have BOTB! Reading your post and wondering what the mini pill is? Never heard of that. Is it an even lower dose of BC for after pregnancy? If so, why take it? 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    bexbarkerbexbarker member
    edited May 2014
    @Brita722 It's a pill that only has progestin instead of both p and estrogen. It's good for while breastfeeding, or at least that's what my midwife told me. It's effective the first year while breastfeeding. Though I should probably have read up on it some--I didn't do any research.

Here's what I found online:

The minipill, also known as the progestin-only birth control pill, is an oral contraceptive that contains the hormone progestin. Unlike combination birth control pills, the minipill doesn't contain estrogen. The progestin dose in a minipill is lower than the progestin dose in a combination oral contraceptive pill.

The minipill thickens cervical mucus and thins the lining of the uterus (endometrium) — preventing sperm from reaching the egg. The minipill also sometimes suppresses ovulation. For maximum effectiveness, you must take the minipill at the same time every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"