May 2014 Moms

Anyone else not hungry and/or nauseous postpartum?

I'm 4 days postpartum, and even though I forced myself to eat in the hospital (nice bland food), since I've been home I don't really feel hungry. I made myself eat a bagel this morning and it took me almost 2 hours because my stomach just felt so gross. Is anyone else feeling like this?

I've been keeping well hydrated, because I know that is very important for breast milk production, but I know calories from food are too!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
When Fluff Mail Arrives:

Re: Anyone else not hungry and/or nauseous postpartum?

• I felt like that right before I got mastitis! Are you feeling okay otherwise?
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • I'm not feeling sick to my stomach, but I'm not feeling really hungry either. I've been watching the clock and eating small, easy to digest meals regularly throughout the day since I know that I need the nutrition both for myself and for breastfeeding.
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • Sam0905Sam0905 member
    Yes! It was worse immediately pp, but I had a c section and took narcotics for a few days so I attributed my nausea to that. But now I'm 3 weeks pp and still don't have much of an appetite. It also doesn't help that I'm so busy with my new little guy that I sometimes "forget" to eat. Staying hydrated is a good idea and I've also been trying to eat more protein.
  • It took me a good week pp to regain any kind of appetite. I tried to eat small meals and drank Ensure and tons of water. Thankfully it didn't affect my milk coming in or my supply. Now it's getting back to normal. I was never nauseous, though. I hope you start feeling better.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • When I had my DD 3 years ago, I was like that. It took about 2 weeks for me to get back into a groove of being hungry and wanting to eat. I think its part hormones, part sleep deprived, and just being overwhelmed. 

• jjones59 said:
    When I had my DD 3 years ago, I was like that. It took about 2 weeks for me to get back into a groove of being hungry and wanting to eat. I think its part hormones, part sleep deprived, and just being overwhelmed. 
    I really think it is all of this. I have been eating breakfast and lunch okay, but I've skipped dinner almost very night. I think a lot of it is anxiety about how the night will be with the baby - he sleeps more in the day than night, which is typical. But the thought of a low sleep night makes me loose my appetite I guess.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • I've been this same way. I think I just get so busy sometimes that I don't eat. I have to make myself sit and eat. I just make sure I have at least 3 meals even if it doesn't sound good or I'm not hungry.

• I will be 3 weeks PP Sunday and I still have no appetite. Every time I eat I feel nauseous. I was wondering if it was just me. I had a c section and at first thought it was due to pain meds but I haven't taken any in a week now and still feel the same!
  • SMM1986SMM1986 member
    Yes! I wasn't nauseated, but I had no appetite. That did go Away though. I could eat a horse now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Me Me me.  I have zero desire to eat at all!  And when I do, I either throw up or get the runs. 

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • 2 hours of the doctor and nurses beating up my abdomen, made me vomit for a while after all was said and done. Now that I'm home, I haven't eaten much at all. I wouldn't have eaten anything my first day back if it wasn't for my SIL bringing food.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm one week pp and just starting to get a bit of an appetite back. I had a hard time with eating with DS1 too.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I had a pretty good breakfast this morning, eggs and a bagel, and I ate it feeling fine. I also felt better mood-wise last night (I was anxious about the up-all-night feeding demands, but my husband was super helpful and breastfeeding is going better than I thought. I think my mood, sleep and hormones were really the basis of my hunger issues.

But I'm still recovering from my labour/tearing and my stitches are really bugging me today, so I'm sure there will still be up-and-downs with my appitite.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • I'm almost 2 weeks PP and still no appetite. I make myself eat but sometimes I can barely even force myself to chew the food. I'm not nauseaus but foods just not appetizing right now. I'm guessing combo of stress, overwhelmed, and hormones.

• Yup, totally had no appetite.  A week to want to eat again, and another to eat anything that had flavour or texture.  I also had a csection, so the pain meds didn't help, but I was off them within a few days.  It'll come back!  Make sure to keep hydrated!
  • I had the same thing but it think it was
    more nerves and anxiety. Today is 5 days pp and I finally feel like i got my appetite back. I are a whole pint of gelato earlier which would've made me sick if I looked at it a few days ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"