Baby Showers
Options

Did your partner have or is he planning to have a dadchelor party or man shower?

BumpJackieBumpJackie member
edited May 2014 in Baby Showers

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Did your partner have or is he planning to have a dadchelor party or man shower? 144 votes

Yes
9% 13 votes
No
90% 131 votes

Re: Did your partner have or is he planning to have a dadchelor party or man shower?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah..I dunno if this counts, but the day of my baby shower DH and all the husbands/fiances/boyfriends of the ladies who are going to the shower are headed out to a local gun range and then will probably get dinner together.  Just some guy time for all of them really, since most of them are dads already.  I think its a great idea.  A daddy shower though...that's kinda weird.
  • Options
    Uh, not even sort of. DH just furrowed his brow when I read this question out loud.

• Options
    Now I'm going to have to ask my husband this to see what his reaction will be. I'm sure it's going to be comical.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Dare I ask why the idea of some sort of celebration or "shower" for a dad is so appalling to many of you while one for a mom is ok ?

If there are any real reasons besides "its tacky" which is completely arbitrary, I'm very curious..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For our first baby, I reluctantly agreed to show up for a baby shower only if it was inclusive of males and females. Some people at work had a surprise work shower for him as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    vterpvterp member
    nickicl said:
    Dare I ask why the idea of some sort of celebration or "shower" for a dad is so appalling to many of you while one for a mom is ok ? If there are any real reasons besides "its tacky" which is completely arbitrary, I'm very curious..

Because you don't need to slap a cutesy name and attach gift giving to hanging out with your buddies before you have a kid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker'>v

• Options
    My DH isn`t planning on having a shower and neither am I.

DH`s brother had a co-ed shower. They had a diaper raffle. For every pack of diapers or wipes someone bought you got a ticket and beer. I really disliked the idea of alcohol at a shower. The way they made you feel since they where having twins was like they expected everyone to bring diapers. The raffle for diapers was mentioned on their invites and their facebook invite.

My DH hates being center if attention so any party for him isnt an option.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    2 of our friends actually had the diaper parties. We hosted one at our house and they had a poker tournament where entry was a pack of diapers, the soon to be dad brought beer and put $100 in the pot for the winner. Instead of my husband bringing diapers, I did a few dips and chips and other foods. They actually didn't buy any diapers for 9 months.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"