From my understanding, the term “shared risk” applies when two or more couples share a fresh IVF cycle, most commonly an egg donor cycle, where they split the eggs and therefore offset some of the costs associated with paying an egg donor, etc.
What you are describing (I think) sounds more like “embryo donation” as you already have 5 frozen embryos and plan to transfer one in July. Assuming this cycle is successful and your family is complete, it sounds like you want to donate the remaining 4 embryos – is that correct?
While I’m no expert in embryo donation (I would refer you to @Liz4Paw’s blog for more accurate/complete information), I know enough that there are several types of donations possible: open, anonymous and perhaps somewhere in between. I also know that there is no compensation given to the couple donating, but you may be able to offset some of the costs (like embryo storage and legal fees) and you would certainly need a lawyer to draw up a contract between you and the recipient couple.
I would humbly advise you to wait until your family is truly complete before making a donation, as (I, unfortunately, know from experience) not every transfer results in a BFP or a take home baby.
That said, I think it’s wonderful that you are considering donating any extra embryos once your family building is complete. Wishing you lots of luck for your next (and hopefully final!) transfer.
Edited to add: I just realized that you used a "known" donor for your DEgg IVF cycle. I'm not sure if this person also needs to "sign off" on any future donations, but that may be something to look into. Best of luck!
Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.
MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.
Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.
Currently taking: Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.
When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.
TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).
FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.
FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)
My favorite breed:
***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***
TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46 DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE DE IVF #3 1/14 ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d
DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!! First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days
TTC #1 since August 2011
September 2012: Start IF testing
DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA
October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos
November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues. Converted to freeze all due to lining issues. 2 blasts frozen on day 6!
January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues
April 2015: FET #2.1
April 2013 DE IVF= BFN
September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...
October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C