Babies on the Brain
Options

Hi Ladies!

I've been lurking a bit and checked out the newbie stickie, so I just wanted to put an intro out there. I'm not quite sure where to be posting since we aren't TTC yet but I definitely have babies on the brain and have been dying to talk to someone about it without sharing our TTC plans with many people IRL. H and I got married last July and are going to start TTC in July. I've ordered prenatal vitamins(to start taking now) and pregnancy tests(for when the time comes) online and will finish my last pack on BCP at the end of June. Any advice?

Re: Newbie

• Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    Hello and welcome! You can come join us over on TTGP board too!

My advice to you is to download the Fertility Friend app (or sign up online), and start charting your BBT.
  • Options

Thanks! I've been using the Ovia app just to track my period but was debating on whether to start charting my BBT or just NTNP in the beginning. Any recs on a thermometer? I was checking out reviews on Amazon and I don't think anything had over a 3.5 star rating so I wasn't really sold on any one in particular.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello and welcome! My DH and I are planning to start trying in July too and also not really sharing it with people IRL. Glad to have you around. :)
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    Belle0720 said:

Thanks! I've been using the Ovia app just to track my period but was debating on whether to start charting my BBT or just NTNP in the beginning.

Honestly, I just think it's a good idea to chart so you know what is going on with your body. DH and I are NTNP (just started this cycle), while I temp. If I'm not pregnant by September, then we will actually try to hit the fertile window (and I will know when mine is). The way I explained it to DH is, (as one example) what if I find that I consistently have a 6-day luteal phase? If I notice that pattern this summer, I can tell my doctor sooner and get that fixed for when we actively TTC.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, downloading now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"