August 2013 Moms
Options

Coming out of lurker-dom with a question! :)

Hi ladies!

I figure it's finally time to come out of the shadows and introduce myself!  Mr Wesley was born 08/01 at 34 weeks, so I kind of jump between this one and the September board.  He's so much fun- love that we're finally saying "Mama"!  I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!  :)

Now for my question, I've been a SAHM since he was born, but now I'm toying with the idea of going back to work.  We're lucky in the fact that I don't NEED to go back for financial reasons, but I think it'd make me happier.  I absolutely love my guy, but I have struggled with depression quite a bit while I've been home.  I just think I miss the socialization of work more than anything.  I've tried Meetup groups and making mommy friends, but it's not as easy as I thought it would be.  LO would be at a preschool right next door to my office, so I would be right there if anything is needed.  I just feel guilty choosing to not be around him all the time.  What do you guys think?

Sorry for the short novel!  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Coming out of lurker-dom with a question! :)

• Options
    I think, do what you feel is best for you and your family. We really can't make that decision for you. It's a personal choice and decision.

Welcome.

• Options

Hello and welcome! I think you need to do what makes you happy. If you feel that you would be happier working, then I say go for it! I struggle with being a full time working Mom on occasion because I miss my LO during the day like CRAZY. However, I do enjoy the hot coffee, real clothes, and adult interaction so I think until we hit the lottery, working is for me.

Now that I typed all that out I want to put it out there that I can always put ice in my cold coffee, I love yoga pants and tee shirts, and not having to put on make up unless I leave the house.... and I cant do any of those things at work!

:((

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RevezRevez member
    I think you've already answered your own question. You obviously want to go back, so try it and see what happens. You can always go back to being a SAHM if it isn't for you. Do whatever you think is right for you and your family.

Welcome to the board.

• Options
    Thanks Girls- you're right.  I pretty much answered my own question.  I just have a lot of mommy guilt about it!
  • Options
    SpeshulSpeshul member
    I would do what makes you happy! If it's not for you, you can go back to SAHM.

• Options
    kwreckskwrecks member
    I agree with everyone else!  Since it's not a financial reason for needing to go back, try it out and if it doesn't work for you, or for LO, then you can go back to things being the way they were.  Good luck!

And Welcome!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I agree with @petey1106. I think if you picked up a PT job that would be the best of both worlds. And just think of that extra income! You could plan something fun for a vacation or something :) 

edit: OH! And Hi! :-h

• Options
    vulpinivulpini member
    Happy mommy = happy baby.  Do what you feel is best for you and your sanity and thus for your family too.  If the type of work you do and the company allows it, maybe you could start out part-time.  If not, you always have the freedom to quit if it doesn't work out.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    StormytuckerStormytucker member
    edited May 2014
    vulpini said:

Happy mommy = happy baby.  Do what you feel is best for you and your sanity and thus for your family too.  If the type of work you do and the company allows it, maybe you could start out part-time.  If not, you always have the freedom to quit if it doesn't work out.  

Took the words right out of my mouth! If it makes you a happier mommy then that's the right answer babies for sure can tell when mommy is happy verses depressed! Good luck to you! And at least you k ow you have the option to quit of it doesn't feel right!
  • Options
    Man, I should've come out of the shadows a long time ago! You guys are the best!
  • Options
    Ditto to what everyone has said! And welcome! :-h

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"