July 2012 Moms
Options

hand, foot and mouth

We just found out today that Avery has hand, foot and mouth disease. So far it's only on her feet and hands. It also appears to be a mild case (so far).

I was thinking a few of you have dealt with this. Any advice? What helped comfort your lo?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hand, foot and mouth

• Options
    So right now she is acting fine. She has been eating, drinking and sleeping better than normal. The rash popped up over night so we'll see how things go.

We are supposed to go to the zoo with friends on Friday. If she is feeling fine is she okay to go?

Also, since she is still nursing should I be washing my nipples after she nurses?
  • Options

I am so sorry you guys are going through this. We dealt with it a couple months ago and while he didn't seem to be bothered by it, his sleep (and ours) was a mess. He continued to wake up in the night and nothing seemed to help him go back to bed. It was about a week of awful sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The weird thing is she is sleeping pretty well. I just started night weaning her a week ago and last night she only woke once.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it's not hand foot and mouth.

This is what her foot looks like.
  • Options
    did she have a fever to start with? the fever comes on first then the sores show up. my guy had a fever for about 3 days, had to go back and forth with Tylenol and advil. then the sores came. he was a mess. the sores lasted about 2 weeks. I don't think his sores looked like the picture but I don't think his case was a mild one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    She hasn't had any fever. Her only symptom is the rash. She has some spots on her hands, but its more like the tips of her fingers and are red.
  • Options
    This is a strange virus. She seems to be doing well and no new spots. Hopefully the rash goes away soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"