December 2013 Moms
Options

Can you do a mix???

With all these threads about BLW or purées, is anyone doing a mix? Is this an option? This sounds like an appealing option.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can you do a mix???

• Options
    I am planning on both.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can definitely do a mix of purées and non-purées. But if you spoon feed at all, it's no longer considered baby led weaning. It's parent led :).

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    I am just SO freaked out about choking that I do t think I could do blw. It makes me get all anxiety attackish just thinking about it. I wish that didn't freak me out so much.
  • Options

Sure you can. We're doing BLW but DSs favorite food right now is banana. He feeds himself, but he might as well be eating a puree, he just sucks it in his mouth and swallows it. It would be no different than giving him mashed banana on a spoon.

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Thanks y'all
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4033Jen4033 member
    I was SUPER paranoid about choking with DS1 so he only had purees/cereal after 6mo-about 1 yr. I hope do be more relaxed with DS2 so we don't have the same issue we have with DS1. He is SUPER picky & it is so hard to get him to eat well. 

My 2 December boys

• Options
    From what I've read on BLW a mix is fine. It's the spoon feeding like @amberpro‌ said. It's basically the idea that they feed themselves and stop when they want. Textures makes it more interesting for them though and allows them to figure out what a food is, instead of just mush. I'm going to post this article again (I posted it on the meat thread too) but I'm super pumped that our guidelines for feeding have been updated. There's info in here about allergens too. And how they should be introduced sooner than what has been previously done.

https://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health-advisor/into-the-mouths-of-babes-what-parents-need-to-know-about-new-canadian-feeding-guidelines-from-solids-to-sippy-cups/article18786160/?service=mobile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"