May 2013 Moms

Blankets?

D&S724D&S724 member
edited May 2014 in May 2013 Moms
What are you using as a blanket for your 1-year old? I've used the Sleep Sack, but now that B is mobile, he's not a fan of it anymore.  I think technically he's still a little too young to use a blanket in the crib, so I've been putting him in heavier sleeper PJs for now.  What's everyone else using?
Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
image.

Re: Blankets?

• Both my kids sleep with a crocheted blanket. DD had hers from 5 months on and DS from 9 months.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • He sleeps with a crocheted blanket. He loves it and carries it around the house. He is my little Linus.
  • Loading the player...
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    I want to give LO a blankie, but I know he will just chew it. He chews EVERYTHING. If I did give him one it would be a crocheted blanket that was made for him when he was born. It's small and obvi has holes throughout it (which makes me feel better - cause I'm a paranoid nut).
  • Dd has been using a fleece blanket for a while, she moves around but she's never stuffed her face in it or anything.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • delinodelino member
    OLJ1010 said:

My LO moves all over his crib in his sleep, do your LOs stay asleep all night under their blankets?? I can't imagine DS sleeping with a blanket yet just because he moves so darn much.

This is us. She flops all over the crib so there's no way she'd stay put under a blanket. We still use a sleepsack and will probably get the next size up unless she stops moving so much.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • so uh, yah, nothing here. we were thinking of giving her a blanket, but she's so used to just sleeping in her pjs, i'm not sure what she'd do. plus it's getting warm and she moves around all.night.long.
  • No blankets here either.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • MamaMDMamaMD member
    We still use the sleep sack.  LO is super squirmy and all over the crib so the sleep sack still works best.  I am about to order the next size cotton ones for summer.  LO doesn't walk yet but she does stand and doesn't seem bothered by the sleep sack.  I have seen her stand in it but she doesn't do it often.  She does crawl in the crib with it on and is frequently sitting up when I go get her in the morning.  It doesn't seem to get in her way much.
  • They have had blankets since the beginning.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I think there are also sleep sacks with feet holes too for older babies. Maybe try that?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • No blanket here but I've been thinking about adding one in his crib just in case he gets cool wearing short sleeve pjs.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• smg2302smg2302 member
    We have a blanket that someone sewed (quilted?) for DD.  It's a really soft fleece on one side, and cooler fabric on the other.  She's been using it since about 8 months.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    MamaMD said:

We still use the sleep sack.  LO is super squirmy and all over the crib so the sleep sack still works best.  I am about to order the next size cotton ones for summer.  LO doesn't walk yet but she does stand and doesn't seem bothered by the sleep sack.  I have seen her stand in it but she doesn't do it often.  She does crawl in the crib with it on and is frequently sitting up when I go get her in the morning.  It doesn't seem to get in her way much.

Not sure if you've seen them but they do make the sleep sacks where it looks more like a jumper, the feet are exposed. Just thought I'd share that for when your LO does start walking or getting bothered by the regular type :)
  • mammiemammie member
    DD still uses her sleep sack unless its in the wash , then she'll use a light blanket. 

• No blankets. He is also a mover and flipper in his sleep. He sleeps in cotton footed pjs and thru the night so I imagine he is comfortable.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Jake has had a crocheted blanket since about 8 mo. I wait til he falls asleep and then put it on or he would be on top of it. Most mornings he's still under it. But somedays he crawls out if he's warm. His room is drafty so he needed something this winter. And the sleep sack was a mess once he was standing.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • so uh, yah, nothing here. we were thinking of giving her a blanket, but she's so used to just sleeping in her pjs, i'm not sure what she'd do. plus it's getting warm and she moves around all.night.long.
    This.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The past couple of months ive given him a light blanket (swaddle one)  he doesnt seem to like it or moves around and never keeps it on.. he only uses one in a stroller or if he was laying on me.
  • emmy236emmy236 member
    No blanket here. Just cotton footie jammies. He is always all over the place so he'd just get tangled in it. He does love blankets though. After summer I think we will try a light sheet or something. And by the end of summer, here in the South I mean November.
  • pnutgpnutg member
    C has had a crocheted blanket since about 5 months. He just cuddles with it though.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • She sleeps with an A&A blanket, but not for a covering. She moves too much. She loves to bunch it up and lay on it, along with her lovey. I stopped putting her in sleep sacks about a month ago, she seemed to be getting too hot. She wears long sleeved cotton jammies.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Sleep sack, no blanket.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• D&S724D&S724 member
    I think there are also sleep sacks with feet holes too for older babies. Maybe try that?
    I had no idea! Thank you @jacqueandadam!
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"