October 2012 Moms
Options

Another weight loss check in

How are you doing, mamas? Successes? Struggles?

Re: Another weight loss check in

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Sucess: I am down like 12 pounds since Easter! Woot!

Struggles: finding a variety healthy foods. I am picky as it is, so my arsenal of foods isn't all that great. I am so sick of chicken I could vomit. LOL and eggs. Oh my god so many omelets.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

I veered off track for about three weeks and gained about 5 pounds back of the 15 I worked so hard to lose :(. Now I'm back on track. I have to do this, I just have to! My girls need a healthy mom who isn't constantly yo-yo dieting! My weak area is sweets. It's such a slippery slope for me! When I try to have a serving size of Hershey kisses, my brain can't think of anything else until I give it more chocolate and before I know it the whole bag is gone! And I wouldn't even have a stomach ache! I never did understand people who would taste something and say "it's too sweet" because that's not possible in my book. So I'm back to quitting the sweets 100%. Ug, why can't I just be normal??

I did some planks, squats, lunges and push ups the other night and the girls seemed to get a kick out of it! I'll add in some walks and hopefully I'll meet my goal this fall or winter sometime. Still the same as my last check-in, so 35 pounds to go!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Way to go @CnAnA!! Are your pants fitting loose, or are you down a pants size?

I'm with you on the chicken and eggs! I have scrambled eggs every morning with fruit and this morning I was thinking that I'm so sick of them!

Edited to also ask:  How's your hubby's weight loss coming?

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    I haven't *really* exercised. When I take Alice to the park or outside to play, I do run and jump and chase with her. I don't hold back anymore like I was earlier this year. I can definitely tell a difference. Once school is out and I don't have my niece every day we will get out and explore some of the 70 bazillion miles of walking and hiking trails. And by hiking I mean leisurely stroll as opposed to actual outdoorsy type hike.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    @BabyCarryingVessel‌ he is down almost 20 pounds! He was about 60 pounds heavier than me when we started. He's gaining (or losing, as it were) on me! ;)

Pants are definitely feeling looser. Not down a full size or anything, just not cut in half by some of my clothes.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Oh hey! One of my vices is pizza. I love pizza. I live for pizza when I'm PMSing. But pizza crust is so calorie dense! So I do pizza toppings. I will brown up hamburger and add pizza sauce, cheese, Canadian bacon, and a couple pepperoni. Throw it in a bowl and eat it with a fork. I get my pizza fix but it's low carb and half the calories. Especially if you use ground turkey!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Rachelilly23Rachelilly23 member
    edited May 2014
    I've lost 7 lbs since May 1st. I run 4-5 miles a few times a week, zumba, step, and some Jillian Michaels 6-week six pack. I exercise pretty much every day at the Y except Sundays since they don't have childcare. I didn't work out yesterday because of the day I had and the sick kiddo. I have a good diet going too. I just really went off the deep end yesterday. Back on track today. I want to lose 10 lbs more by mid June but it's a stretch. I made a deal with myself that I would be down 33 lbs more by E's birthday (9/29.)

ETA: My pants are really loose and I can see the difference. It's exciting. Still not down a size. My butt and legs are so big so I imagine it'll be a while before I'm down a size. Just hope the scale really starts moving.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options

Great job, @Rachelilly23!! Your hubby won't know what to do when he gets back! ;)

As for going off the deep end last night, my brother in law is a personal trainer and he says cheat days are good for you and your body will let go of weight quicker! So that was your cheat day and you deserved it after the day you had!

• Options

@LaurenBullock, a size 10 is awesome! Way to go, woman!

• Options

I started at a tight-fitting 18 in March and now I'm a loose-fitting 18, haha! My ultimate goal is to squeeze into my size 12 pants again!  

• Options
    You can do it @BabyCarryingVessel‌ !!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @LaurenBullock‌ I'm a 12 and trying to get down to a 6. I have a lot of work to do but I really plan to be there within 6 months :)

• Options
    @Rachelilly23‌ you can do it!! I am about to do the whole 30 challenge. It's free and you can look it up on line but it has some GREAT tools from grocery lists to things to stock your pantry with. It makes things super easy!
  • Options

You all are doing so great! If you put all of our weight losses together it's at least over 100 pounds! @LaurenBullock, I just checked out the whole30 challenge and I must say I'm tempted! It sounds similar to what I'm doing now, except right now I'm eating potatoes and drinking sweetener, so I would have to cut those out. I like how they talk about how there are no "accidental slip ups".  

• Options

I had initially lost all my weight from new baby (probably due to bfing) but now seem to have plateaued. I struggle to cook healthy due to MH and SS turning up their noses at anything that isn't beef and carb-laden, BUT MH confessed to me last night he has put on 30 lbs since I had the baby and is pretty unhappy with himself. I honestly hadn't noticed, he looks pretty much the same, just less muscle-y. But whatever, I'm hoping that means he'll be a little more on board with salads and WW recipes.

Ive also been taking a lot of walks with the kids, which is nice, but I need to really work out. Its hard to find time to do it, especially since I need MH to watch kids, but need to be home by bedtime, so that only gives me like a 1 hour window. But I think I'm going to at least start going to zumba on weekends, then I have no excuses and I really like it.

I have 15 lbs to go to reach my first pre-pregnancy weight, and then another 15 would be good to put me at what I would consider a nice weight.

• Options
    I am currently at my pre-pregnancy weight but I am two sizes bigger, so I am going to start dieting and really working hard on trying to lose some weight next week.  Our trip to Disneyland might have added some to it, but I am not checking yet as I don't want to know and I know I can't start now as my sister is having a smores party on Saturday, so I will start on Monday so I wont cheat a few days in with smores.

• Options
    @LaurenBullock‌ I looked into Whole30 also but it doesn't seem doable as a vegetarian. Good luck with it though! I have a couple friends that are doing well with it :)

• Options
    Hismom12 said:

Anyone have success losing the flap of skin in their lower belly? It has definitely gotten smaller since I've lost weight but I just don't see it tightening up any time soon!

Bwahaha!

So yeah... about that... I just plan on a mommy makeover someday with a little nip tuck action ;)

• Options
    nealblnealbl member
    I am down to 158 and I am 5'7". Ideally I would like to be in the 140s
  • Options
    Any advice on jeans that will fit monster thighs :-S I'm looking for the "perfect jean" I don't min spending a little more if they will last and fit my thighs. Right now the only jeans I have found are skinny jeans from old navy.
  • Options
    Thank you @NeedUtonite‌ ! I will have to check them out.
  • Options

I was pretty much back to pre-pregnancy weight a short while ago.  I am back up 7-8 pounds which is really discouraging, but I know it's because of poor food choices/habits.  Time to discipline myself again. 

@LaurenBullock I am also a fan of New York & Co (unfortunately they are my "skinny jeans" so they aren't fitting too well lately), but I really love my Lucky Brand jeans.  I think they are the most complimentary to my ass. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @LaurenBullock‌ I like the Old Navy Sweetheart jeans. I also have a big butt and legs. I kind of giggled that you mentioned "monster thighs" and skinny jeans in the same sentence :P Skinny jeans have never worked for me but I have big calves too.

• Options
    @louisevoltaire‌ someone else told me lucky brand jeans! The only place that sells them around me is about 2 hours away. I'm going to have to make the drive to try them out!
  • Options
    @Rachelilly23‌ they have EXTRA stretch lol. They wind up looking like jeggings on me but I work with it lol.
  • Options
    @louisevoltaire‌ someone else told me lucky brand jeans! The only place that sells them around me is about 2 hours away. I'm going to have to make the drive to try them out!

I think they run kind of expensive ($70-80??).  I get mine from TJ Maxx cheaper, though they haven't had my size the last couple times I've looked.  Granted I don't shop for myself nearly as often as I used to!  I am due for a new pair, though. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Are any of you able to lose weight while you have AF? Every month it kills me, even when I'm sticking to my diet and exercise. That scale will not move while that bitch is here!

• Options
    Mrs_LadyMrs_Lady member
    edited May 2014
    i may be 3pounds under my goal for this month will weigh in the morning
  • Options

Are any of you able to lose weight while you have AF? Every month it kills me, even when I'm sticking to my diet and exercise. That scale will not move while that bitch is here!

Yes I'm there right now! That bastard of a scale hasn't budged in a week!

• Options
    Anyone ever use the Lose It app?

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    @Rachelilly23 that's what I'm using. I love it! It helped me lose 65 pounds in 2011. Which I promptly put back on when I got pregnant in 2012...

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    CnAnA said:
    @Rachelilly23 that's what I'm using. I love it! It helped me lose 65 pounds in 2011. Which I promptly put back on when I got pregnant in 2012...
    I use myfitnesspal right now. Do you know if there's much of a difference? My acupuncturist mentioned Lose It to me and I told her I use myfitnesspal and she said it was excellent and didn't convince me to switch or anything, I was mostly just curious.

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    @Rachelilly23 I'm not sure the difference. I have only used lose it. It's strictly a counting tool. You tell it age, weight, sex, activity level, and goal. It gives you a calorie budget for the day. It doesn't tell you what to eat or when, just the calorie budget. You can log exercise too, and choose whether or not to eat the extra cals.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    legalbeagle1legalbeagle1 member
    edited May 2014
    Ladies, I'm still really loving my FitBit for weight loss. I was exercising a bit before I got it, but not really paying attention to my general activity levels when not working out. I've really stepped up my workouts (4-5 times a week) but I think generally being more active (pacing the subway platform while I wait, getting up from my desk and walking a lap around my floor, etc.) has been helping too.

I'm finally below my pre-preg weight. I have two pounds I'd still like to lose and am trying to regain my abs. I'm not sure the latter is ever going to happen.

Keep going everyone!!
  • Options
    CnAnA said:

@Rachelilly23 I'm not sure the difference. I have only used lose it. It's strictly a counting tool. You tell it age, weight, sex, activity level, and goal. It gives you a calorie budget for the day. It doesn't tell you what to eat or when, just the calorie budget. You can log exercise too, and choose whether or not to eat the extra cals.

Ok. Yeah it's the same thing as mfp then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"