Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How do you know how many diapers to put on you registry and what age

Hi everyone, we are expecting a little girl in September and doing our registry now. How do you know how many diapers to put on your registry and what age? 

Thanks for the help

Re: How do you know how many diapers to put on you registry and what age

• spockerspocker member
    When we did our registry there was a sweepstakes that we were automatically entered in if we had a certain $ amount of Pampers stuff on the registry. I just registered for 1 small package of diapers in each size until we hit the $ amount. Didn't receive any of them as gifts. Didn 't win the sweepstakes either!
  • mysticlmysticl member
    Family gave us a ton of size one diapers (like 800) before LO was born.  I had a friend tell me I would never use them all and to go return them.  Good thing I didn't, we used every last one and several hundred more.  We also didn't use them right away.  We had to buy newborns when we left the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • KriztynKriztyn member
    We didn't register for diapers but got some anyway. Our LO was in newborn diapers a lot longer than we thought so we had to go out and buy some because we got size 1's as gifts. LO should be in size 1 for a couple months. I've used both Pampers swaddlers and Huggies. Like them both. THe newborn ones are nice too bc they have a cut out for their umbilical cord..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    I would just hope for gift cards.  You don't know what brand will work or even what size you'll need.  I think most people like to start out with Pampers Swaddlers or Huggies Little Snugglers.   I've heard good things about Kirkland brand and Up & Up (Target Brand).   But you really won't know until the baby gets here.

Yes, you can return or exchange for what you need, but do you really want to mess with that when you have a little one to take care of?  Easier to just send someone to the store, or order online from Diapers.com or Amazon.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• We got some diapers at our shower and I'm so glad we did...because they were free!!! We tried different ones without having to spend our own money.  And if you get the same kind that you don't like, well you can always return and exchange them.  Trust me, you'll be glad you'll be able to do this.  We have a 3 month old and he didn't last long in the newborns. Maybe like 2 weeks?  Then we tried the size 1 and we are now on size 2 and he just turned 3 months.  Diapers I really loved that worked for us: CVS, Huggies Natural Care, and Luvs.  
  • I never bothered registering for diapers and I got tons anyway. I only got pampers swaddlers and thankfully they work great for my daughter. She was in newborn size for two weeks and size one for five weeks. We just started size two diapers today.

• H&H2014H&H2014 member
    We had a diaper party where we live instead of a traditional shower (we had a traditional shower back east in NH with our families). People brought all different sizes and kinds - which will help us figure out which ones work best. I found this site to be a great resource about diapers (we wanted an eco friendly "healthier" diaper for our baby). I used this to determine what kinds I was interested in and put a registry on amazon which people found really helpful since about 75% of them don't have kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"