January 2013 Moms

Terrible night

So last Thursday night, DS came down with a low grade fever and vomiting and had no appetite for days. Sunday, no fever and his appetite was back but he started poking at his ears (he just had tubes in a few weeks ago), his nose is running like a faucet and cough cough cough and it's worse now. I'm honestly not sure if it's a cold or allergies (my H has bad allergies so it wouldn't surprise me). Last night he woke up at 2am so I held him, in the glider rocker until 5:30am while he slept and I dozed off but immediately woke up worried I'd drop him or something.

He goes in tomorrow for his ear tube check up and hearing test and I've called and told them about both the low grade fever and the cold symptoms, and they are not concerned unless he has a fever of 102 or ear drainage. So, this AM I gave him some children's Claritin and tonight I'm giving him either Children's Benadryl or the Zarbee's Natural Baby Cough Syrup. And I'll put the baby vapor rub on his feet with socks on and maybe some on his PJ's and of course the cool mist humidifier is going. Am I forgetting anything?  Any great tips that worked for you with your LO's last cold?

I would elevate his crib mattress but he is all over the mattress in 300 different positions at night, so that wouldn't help. I think I'll put his doggie pillow in there tonight because if he cuddles it he'll be elevated. 

Here's to hoping tonight goes easier, I hate seeing him this miserable. Booo!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: Terrible night

• jobiannjobiann member
    Thanks @MichieU79. I'm pretty sure he had/has a cold because I caught it too and I've never had bad allergies. I am using the Claritin though because his snot is still out of control. He is doing much better now, I'm still miserable but I'd rather get our sickness out of the way for our trip to Colorado in June.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"