One & Done: Only child
Options

WOW

So i just got called into my bosses office. He gave me a physical write up!! And he proceeded to tell me that he thought my work was slipping and that i needed to focus more. 

I just sat there and took it. I smiled and acted as though i agreed with everything he said. I came back calmly took a zanax and checked my email for job opportunities.... 

FML 

Re: WOW

• Options
    Yes this was b/c i left early due to vomiting with a migraine and i asked if i could use vacation time b/c i was out of sick leave. I was told yes, then when i actually submitted it shit hit the fan. 

It should also be noted that i asked if i could work on saturday to make it up and was also told no. 
  • Options
    AgoAgo member

Not to alarm you, but when a past boss got like this, I saw the writing on the wall...luckily got out before she worked to find a reason to fire me.

Of course, then she acted all upset that I had the nerve to quit.

University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I mentioned this before, but you should definitely be writing all of this down. Write EVERYTHING down. If you need to talk to your boss, you should email so you have it in writing. I agree with @ago, it seems like he's building a case, and I think you should definitely be building your case, too, to protect yourself. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    AgoAgo member
    I think I mentioned this before, but you should definitely be writing all of this down. Write EVERYTHING down. If you need to talk to your boss, you should email so you have it in writing. I agree with @ago, it seems like he's building a case, and I think you should definitely be building your case, too, to protect yourself. 
    Yes, good idea. One time I was lucky enough to have a paper and pen with me when my former boss told me that I needed to quit. I wrote it down in front of her and the tune changed pretty fast...for the moment.
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Options
    Wow.
    That...sucks. Your boss is a DB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    Definitely write everything down.  Talk to HR if you have one in your company.  Basically, cover your butt as though you are not leaving.  You may need to get medical notes from your doctor, etc.

I had a boss like this.  After a few years of it, and the chronic migraines, fibromyalgia, and restless leg that came with it, I was laid off (for other reasons) and it was the best thing ever.
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    Definitely write everything down.  Talk to HR if you have one in your company.  Basically, cover your butt as though you are not leaving.  You may need to get medical notes from your doctor, etc.

I had a boss like this.  After a few years of it, and the chronic migraines, fibromyalgia, and restless leg that came with it, I was laid off (for other reasons) and it was the best thing ever.
    Done and Done. Even though our HR is a joke.
  • Options
    Well GOOD NEWS a position just opened at an elementary school in the neighboring county. I'm applying now.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Your boss sounds like an a$$. Definitely write everything down and get/keep doctor's notes. If you have chronic migraines and work in a place with more than 50 employees (within a certain mile radius), you may qualify for FMLA (you can take it intermittently). In 2008 when I first started having back problems and had to miss a lot of work for PT, MD appointments, etc., I was laid off (basically given 3 months to find another job). I didn't qualify for FMLA because we only 5 total employees, so my job wasn't protected. It sucked, but it turned out great because I got my current job, which is much better! I hope the same thing happens for you soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Yes this was b/c i left early due to vomiting with a migraine and i asked if i could use vacation time b/c i was out of sick leave. I was told yes, then when i actually submitted it shit hit the fan. 

It should also be noted that i asked if i could work on saturday to make it up and was also told no. 
    That's ridiculous.

• Options

I am sorry to hear that. At least you had your Xanax! Just kidding :)

I hope you find something better soon. FX!!

our one and only *

DS - 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"