Parenting after a Loss
Options

Loss-aversary

Today marks two years since I found out that our first baby no longer had a heartbeat.  

Surprisingly, I'm doing okay.  I even found out that one of DH's coworkers had her baby this morning, and I am legitimately happy for her.  It's such a long way from where I was that day (obviously) and even last year.  

When I had my most recent appt with my OB, she had her nurse print out a bunch of test results and appt notes to take with me to the new MFM that she referred me to.  I was looking through the papers and saw the report from my m/c.  It had the baby listed as measuring 9w3d (I was 12w6d).  We were told that the baby stopped growing around 9 weeks, but never knew when.  Oddly, knowing the exact measurements gave us some type of closure, though I'm not sure why.

Thanks for reading my ramblings of the day.  Here's a picture of me and P on Mother's Day with the bleeding heart bush that we planted after our loss (nevermind the squinty eyes... it was bright!).  That way, I have a picture of me with both of my children.

Re: Loss-aversary

• Options
    First of all, what a cutie he is! Glad you are in a healthy place. My son was born a few days before my first loss anniversary by csection that was deliberately scheduled by my OB to avoid giving birth again on the same day (Csection was needed). The boys first birthday just passed and I did surprisingly well. To me, the loss anniversary was more difficult due to the flood of memories. After testing and a successful, although high risk pregnancy, we have a good idea what caused the chain of events but still get that heaviness in my chest when I think of them. With time, I know it will be less painful. Lovely pic, and lovely tribute to your little one.

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
    Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
    IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
    12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
    SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
    ~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

• Options
    I love the photo and the sentiment behind it.

I'm glad you're in a good mental place on such a difficult day. Thinking of you. ((Hugs))
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    What a cutie he is! I love that you were able to get that picture with both of your babies and I'm glad that you are doing okay ((hugs))

• Options
    ((HUGS)). I am glad you are able to find some peace on this day. It definitely is easier when you can hold such a cutie in your arms.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    (((Hugs)))

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"