October 2013 Moms
Options

electric toothbrush for a baby?

Jo is very fascinated with our electric tooth brush when we brush our teeth. If you sit on the floor she will even try to help you brush your teeth and is very curious about it. You can tell she wants to try putting it in her mouth, but even with a new brush I feel like the adult ones would be too rough for her. I did find this baby one on Amazon, but it seems like most people use it on older babies. Clicky

What do you guys think? she has a vibrating teether, but she is meh about it because it is so big. We would obviously supervise, but then I feel like I'm crazy for even thinking about it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: electric toothbrush for a baby?

• Options
    Why not?

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    that is a-stinkin'-dorable. my toddler is also very interested in the vibrating toothbrushes, so we got her this one. i like this one you linked.. i don't think there's any problem with it if you supervise, and obviously check the vibration strength before letting baby play with it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I think I will go ahead and order it to try it out. Maybe we can massage her gums with it so she can finally get her teeth in!

Jo is also very fascinated with me brushing my hair, spraying diapers, loading the dishwasher, etc. She is super curious so she will keep me on my toes as she wants to "help" and touch everything. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I think it will depend on the strength of the vibrations, like PP said.  It is worth a try!

• Options
    DD is a mega drooler. My neighbor said her ped told her to use an electric tb on LO to wake up her mouth and make her aware of it. She said it worked on both her kids. I'm too chicken to try it and forgot to ask ped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"