Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

15 month old spitting up

DS has randomly spit up a few times over the last few weeks. I am wondering if maybe its a dairy intolerance but it doesnt happen everytime he has milk/yogurt/cheese. He also cries out a few times in the middle of the night and last night was more like a moan.  I gave him advil thinking it was his teeth and he went back to bed with no issue. I have been told its normal at this age for middle of the night wake ups so thought nothing of it, but now im wondering if he isnt feeling well and I should look into this further. Has anyone else had experience with LOs spitting up at the toddler age? We have been on 2% cows milk since february with no issue. This is just happening a few times in the last few weeks. I am at a loss with where to start...

Re: 15 month old spitting up

• M had really bad reflux and was completely over by about 9 months. At 15 months, I did notice she was spitting up sometimes again.  It wasn't a lot.  She wakes up at night about once/week and makes all kinds of noises, but I don't think that is related to the throwing up.  I attributed her throwing up to her extreme activity levels that really emerged at the same time since this was when she became a confident walker/runner.  At 16 months, we haven't observed any throwing up for a weeks.  I would call your doctor if it continues or you notice any rashes or changes in behavior, but otherwise, I would just keep watching.
  • My DS is 20 mos and still spits up very occasionally.  He has had reflux and been on and off medicine since about 5 weeks old.  Has your LO even been diagnosed with reflux?  If you're concerned call the dr but honestly it doesn't sound abnormal to me.  Wake ups with crying at 15 mos are not out of the ordinary.  And there isn't always a reason for it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is 15 months and she is the same way. But she mostly does it at daycare. I spoke with my pedi about this at her well baby check. She suggested we start to keep a food log. My daughter drinks WCM and I think that part of the problem. She doesn't have an allergy but I think she doesn't like milk. Plus she will only drink it warm. We figured that when it cold is when she has been spitting up the most. She said once we keep a food log for a couple of months then we can go from there. She doesn't have any tummy or reflux issues. And she doesn't appear to be allergic to any foods. My daughter has never consistently slept through the night since birth :(. She will wake up fussy if she can't find her paci, if she's uncomfortable or she just wants to be close to me.
  • My LO sometimes spits up and she is about 20 months.  Her pedi checked her out and it's a reflux flair-up.  If it doesn't happen often, not to worry, but if it happens on a regular basis then we will put her on prilosec. 
    HTH
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • My daughter is 15 months and she is the same way. But she mostly does it at daycare. I spoke with my pedi about this at her well baby check. She suggested we start to keep a food log. My daughter drinks WCM and I think that part of the problem. She doesn't have an allergy but I think she doesn't like milk. Plus she will only drink it warm. We figured that when it cold is when she has been spitting up the most. She said once we keep a food log for a couple of months then we can go from there. She doesn't have any tummy or reflux issues. And she doesn't appear to be allergic to any foods. My daughter has never consistently slept through the night since birth :(. She will wake up fussy if she can't find her paci, if she's uncomfortable or she just wants to be close to me.
    to solve the paci issue...we started throwing 10 in the crib at night. now if he wakes up..we give him 5 minutes of crying/fussing to see if he can find one himself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"