October 2012 Moms

It Happened To Me

I got mail today from one of my husband's Aunts, who I have met once (at my wedding). It was an invitation to her daughter's bridal shower (I have never met this person). So, they are inviting me to a bridal shower for a person I have never met and whose wedding I have not been invited to and to make it worse on the back of the invite was a poem asking for money instead of gifts. I asked my husband jokingly which of the following options I should go with:

1. Don't RSVP at all
2. RSVP with a no and say I don't know who Brie and Jon are, did you send this to me by accident?
3. RSVP with a no and let them know just how rude the invitation is.
4. Just RSVP no and don't say anything at all.

I'm inclined to go with number 1.

Re: It Happened To Me

• CnAnACnAnA member
    I would love for you to do 2. But 4 is probably the best option.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • 4.. Also how do you know you aren't invited to the wedding? Showers are usually several months before the wedding so I would assume invites have not gone out yet.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Loading the player...
  • I would be very tempted to do 3. But would probably go with 4. I will not NOT RSVP. I'm weirdly anal about it.
  • 5! Or 6- Go! Eat all the food. Drink all the wine. Don't give a gift. Or give a pack of cheap wine glasses from TJ Maxx (but for the record I love my stemless wine glasses from homegoods.)

I'd probably go with 1 IRL

• chricast said:
    4.. Also how do you know you aren't invited to the wedding? Showers are usually several months before the wedding so I would assume invites have not gone out yet.
    Really? The only showers I've ever been to have been about a month before the wedding if not closer and  all the guests have already been invited. Maybe, that's a regional difference.
  • @stephcarter I couldn't go even if I wanted to. I already have plans to visit my grandfather whose alzheimers is rapidly progressing and lives two states away.

• Eh, 1 or 4.  But I'm pretty non-confrontational.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• One of my best friends SIL actually stopped speaking to her because of something like this. SILs daughter got married and did not invite my friend to the wedding ( local) but did invite her to the out of state shower. Wtf? She sent a card and small check for the shower and just a card for the wedding. I think that was pretty nice of her, as that was blatantly gift grabby. Her SIL was upset she didn't send a wedding gift. To a wedding she wasn't invited to. I told my friend her family sounds interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"