Late Term and Child Loss

~~Return to Zero~~ **trigger and spoiler warnings**

So, for those of you who watched...

What did you think? Anything hit home?

I'm glad I watched it. It was really, really hard. I don't think I could have watched it any sooner. I remember when I heard about it, I didn't think I could watch. I'm glad I did. Very triggering... but, I'm so glad this story is being told! I'm lucky that my marriage did not suffer. We didn't shut eachother out and didn't turn to alcohol (though I could totally see how that could happen). It was the little things...the ultrasound, the pitocin/epideral, the picture of a leaf with a water drop on the door at the hospital...the idiotic things people say.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

Re: ~~Return to Zero~~ **trigger and spoiler warnings**

• stefugestefuge member
    I didn't watch it - and don't know when I will be able to. It just seemed like it would be too difficult. I did tell family and friends about it though, and suggested they watch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • ticker warning

I watched it, it was hard but I thought it was good.  We too were fortunate that it didn't drive MH and I apart, if anything it brought us closer but like you said, I can see how it could.

Many things hit home, the stupid things people said, how quiet and somber the birth of her angel was, how she said she liked the pain because the idea of it going away was like the idea of her losing whatever she had left of him.

Does anyone know how people had their angel listed after the credits?  That would have been cool.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • dadaloudadalou member
    I watched it and had suggested other people see it too. I'm glad I watched it, but it was very unlike our story. It was so so sad and hopeless. It made me sad that so many people have said that it is so like their experience.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• ~~~Sig Warning~~~

DH and I watched it together last night. We knew it would be full of triggers end emotionally difficult, but today is our Izzie's 1st birthday/angelversary so we figured we'd just have a really emotional weekend. DH actually found the movie cathartic. We also couldn't relate to the marital problems portrayed, but were both glad that they showed the birthing scene and their time with their son. I just think its something you can't even imagine unless you've lived it. I am just glad that there is a movie talking about baby loss.

@angelsnight‌ - the babies listed in the credits had their names added by donating to the producers kick starter campaign. My mom donated to have our daughter's name added. However, I was disappointed that they didn't include her last name :/
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• princezjk said:
    ~~~Sig Warning~~~ DH and I watched it together last night. We knew it would be full of triggers end emotionally difficult, but today is our Izzie's 1st birthday/angelversary so we figured we'd just have a really emotional weekend. DH actually found the movie cathartic. We also couldn't relate to the marital problems portrayed, but were both glad that they showed the birthing scene and their time with their son. I just think its something you can't even imagine unless you've lived it. I am just glad that there is a movie talking about baby loss. @angelsnight‌ - the babies listed in the credits had their names added by donating to the producers kick starter campaign. My mom donated to have our daughter's name added. However, I was disappointed that they didn't include her last name :/
    Thanks, I ended up googling it and found that out.  That's so nice of your mom to donate and her name was on there.  I'm sorry they didn't include her last name though, I would have been dissapointed about that too.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Dh and I watched last night. I wish I had watched it alone. I could really related but for dh it didn't hit home. We actually ended up in am argument about it because I always want to talk about our babies and he never does (it's so much more than that really, but that's what spurred it). Turns out he didn't want to watch because for him it was reliving the worst part of our lives, but I just don't see it that way. Anyway... I thought they did a good job with the movie. Everything was pretty much spot on as far as the things that happen that most people don't know about or that nobody tells you about (the stupid things people say, milk coming in, differences in grief between men and women, etc.) I was a little disappointed in the ending... It was a little too "happily ever after" for me. I did like the point her mom made about a loss is a loss because what we're really grieving is the loss of what might have been. I hope the movie gets a good response. I think it's an effective way to raise awareness about baby loss.

• I haven't seen it yet. We don't have cable, but my step-mom recorded it for me so I'm hoping to watch it soon. I'm not sure how it will or will not affect me. Just learning to take things in stride as best I can.
  • I just saw this (literally just watched the movie like 3 minutes ago).  I was so happy that Minnie Driver played Maggie, as she is a very talented actress.  I lost it when she flashbacked to giving birth to her son.  I didn't watch with MH, and I'm thinking I won't have him watch.  I think it will be too emotional for him.  I hope more movies come out about infant loss - very few people are aware of how baby loss affects families and I think one of the reasons is because it is hardly publicized.  The movie comes out on dvd next month. 
  • I also saw this movie today. It was very emotional of course and I don't think I stopped crying. I'm glad I DVR'd it because some parts were a bit much to handle for me due to where I am in my journey so I could fast forward. My husband chose not to watch and that's ok.

I am so glad that this movie is out there in the public. It's very important.
  • I had it dvr'd and watched it today. I was by myself, which was fine because I could let my emotions flow. So many familiar things, the inducement, the social worker, many things. I'm glad that in our grief, we turned to each other, and not external things. We are stronger because of it. I just hate that people forget we had little ones, and act as if nothing happened. This is something that will leave a mark for life. The hole will never be filled. :( It was a really great movie, and I never expected to see something like that on tv. So glad they were brave enough to tell the story.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I had it set to record because we weren't home. Our receiver went out and it didn't record. I cried when I realized what happened. I did preorder the DVD though so I will watch it then.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ***SIGGY***

I didn't record it and couldn't bring myself to watch it live. It's been a very emotional few weeks for me as I've hit all of these little milestones and dealt with all of these things with H, and I thought it would send me over the edge emotionally if I watched this. My mom offered to watch it with me, but I told her no. Maybe I'll take her up on that offer when the DVD comes out.

I'm glad so many of you were able to see it or plan to see it. I do want to see it one day.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • VyD81VyD81 member
    edited June 2014
    Edit, ***siggy warning***

I couldn't bring myself to watch it live. I recorded it and watch it the next day alone. MH couldn't bring himself to watch it, he was working on the yard when I was watching and every time he came in I had to change the channel. 
    So many things hit home for me, I was at the dr. by myself when they couldn't find Raynor's hb, and had to make the dreadful call to MH to tell him. I was induced at night, and the silence in the room after delivery. 
    I'm thankful that my marriage didn't fall apart, and we grieved together. 
    I couldn't stop crying at the end when they ran all the names of the babies, that was hard to watch. 
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• DH and I just watched it last night. I agree with everyone - it was really well done. I am so glad they got it done so realistically. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"