Two Under 2
Options

Baby monitor with 2 cameras

Anyone have a camera monitor with 2 cameras? We have baby #2 on the way, 18 months after baby #1. We currently have the Motorola with 1 camera (expandable to 2), and we're going to just get the 2nd camera. However (maybe I'm overthinking this) wouldn't you always have to be scanning back and forth on the monitor to make sure neither are awake/crying? That seems like not so practical for nighttime. Do we just get a second monitor/camera set? Are there dual camera ones that scan to the room that has the camera registering noise automatically? Or do we just say screw it, our oldest can just scream loud enough for us to hear? Help! TIA!

Re: Baby monitor with 2 cameras

• Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    We have 3 cameras right now but will eventually add a 4th (expecting our 4th) the Summer Baby Touch is what we have and as far as I know its the only one that will allow you to see and hear all cameras while scanning.  We tried a Motorola and a V-tech and although you could add additional cameras you couldn't scan with sound for rooms (which IMO is pointless).  We love our Baby Touch- it does have talk back and you can scan the room (which is great for when your child is older and plays in their room). 
  • Options
    I have the motorola with 2 cameras, and mine are just over 14 months apart.  By the time my second LO arrived, I didn't really feel the need to have the camera on my oldest overnight, because she had been sleeping through the night for a long time by then, and with her room next to ours, we could hear her playing in her crib in the mornings and know she was awake.  

Once DS started sleeping through the night, we did go ahead and leave it on the scan feature just in case.  Honestly, the screen changes every 10-15 seconds, so if there's something to hear, you won't miss it by much if it's on the other child.

The camera was doing such a great job catching everything, that I finally started turning it off at night a few weeks ago.  I was waking up to the slightest noise, including one of my kids waking up, rolling over or playing for a few minutes, and then going back to sleep.  After 2 years of parenting, I'm such a light sleeper that I'll hear them crying, but I'm finally ok not hearing every little peep overnight.  Mommy needs her sleep!
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nawlinsgrl - so your Motorola scans back and forth automatically? You don't have to push the button manually to scan to the next? That sounds like what I want. What model do you have?
  • Options
    I used to have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MBP36-Wireless-3-5-Inch-Infrared/dp/B004VL2VRO/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1400539885&sr=1-1&keywords=motorola+baby+monitor, but it recently started having some problems (screen was not getting light enough), so they replaced it with this newer model: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20616906&cp=2255957.2273447.12661883&parentPage=family

When you choose the scan option, it goes back and forth between the two cameras every 10-15 seconds until you pick a specific camera for it to stay on.  It's the same for each camera, the newer one is just a little nicer, but they appear to work exactly the same.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    We have the Motorola MBP36 with 2 cameras as well. DS will be 20mo when DD joins us this summer. We'll have a camera above each of their cribs and will be getting a third camera for the play room and travel. The MBP36 can have up to 4 cameras linked to it according to Motorolas site. https://www.motorola.com/us/other-baby-monitors/MBP36-Remote-Wireless-Video-Baby-Monitor/92284.html

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We have the same Motorola that scans back and forth. We've hit it by accident many times and it seems to work great. That is our plan for when #2 arrives. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Our Summer Infant scans between each camera every 8 seconds. It will hold up to 4 cameras!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"