August 2012 Moms

Clothes buying

Do you buy the next size early while sales are on or wait for the season? We've lost our hand me downs connection for play clothes so I had to go out and buy summer wardrobes for both of them.

Re: Clothes buying

• ccamccam member
    I wait. At this point, I have no idea when he'll be in the next size up. I'd rather wait until the season instead of have a bunch of clothes I can't use. I just wait for sales and use coupons.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• A little bit of both. I shop consignment a lot to save money!
  • Loading the player...
  • vic8504vic8504 member
    I wait until the season to buy clothes for DD because I never know what she is going to be in. I always hit up the Memorial and Labor day sales at the outlets near me. Last labor day I got DD whole wardrobe for winter for like $60, with sales, coupons and my ON bucks. If I would have paid full price without any of that I was looking at close to $400 or so I think it was.
    I do occasionally buy some stuff at yard sales but have to watch because some of the things I bought early for summer barely fit DD now so there is no way they are going to last until the end of September.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • abbyfulabbyful member
    We do some of each. It's only been recently I've felt comfortable trying to guess what size he'll be, when he was an infant he was growing so fast I couldn't even begin to guess what size he would be.

(For example, last summer he was in 18m but 12m long pants, this summer he's in 3T but 2T long pants. So I've been grabbing 3T long pants for fall when I see deals. I don't mind that much if they might need rolled up at the beginning of fall, I'd rather that than having to buy more halfway through winter.)

I was thrilled yesterday I bought him 3 shorts and 8 jeans/pants (5 of which are Baby Gap) for under $20 at the thrift store!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, I've been buying ahead, but only one size...I don't want to waste money. Also, the older they get the harder it is to find good stuff at consignment sales and swaps. For boys, that is, because they wear clothes out.

N tends to stay in his clothing size for a long time so if anything he might not so much outgrow stuff as it goes out of season and it still fits, but won't the next time we're in that season. Plenty of his 18 months stuff fits fine, though it does look like he recently hit a growth spurt.
  • i buy one size ahead if i see a good deal or something is on clearance.
  • Toni79Toni79 member

I know some people who buy stuff at the end of the summer for the following summer!  I have no idea how anyone could guess what size the kid will be in a year from now?!?!?  Maybe it comes with experience!  But I'm only on my first, so I've still got alot to learn.

As far as when I buy ... it depends ... I haven't really come up with a system that works yet ... except I ALWAYS do sales, coupons, etc.  I generally wait until the season so I know what size to get.  But, a few weeks ago, I got a bunch of summer stuff online at target, even though we were several weeks from summer at the time!  But it was a good sale, and each peice came to $3.75.  Which isn't bad IMO since most of the stuff I saw at the consignment shop were $4-$5, and were in poor condition.  I wish I had better consignment shops near me!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"