C-sections

Pre-op question/recovery question

Sorry if these questions are asked a lot, I'm on mobile so it's difficult to search but I did got back a bit and didn't see anything.

My doctor just scheduled my RCS for 8am with a check in time of 5am. My last c/s was not planned so I didn't have a check in time. I will obviously ask my doctor this, but I was just wondering what happens in those hours between check in and surgery time?

Also, unrelated to that, our DD will be 22 months and still needs to be lifted (into her crib, the car, etc). Luckily my H gets a few weeks off and both our mothers are willing to come stay with us until I'm able to safely lift her. I know it varies from person to person, but if you had a toddler while recovering, how long was it before you were able to lift your toddler without negatively impacting your recovery? She will probably be just shy of 30 lbs at that time. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pre-op question/recovery question

• I had a planned csection due to lo being breech. I had to check in at 6 am for a 9 am surgery.
    During that 3 hours I was put in a room, changed into the hospital gown, hooked up to the fetal heart monitor, had the iv placed, had an u/s to check that he was still breech, filled out some paperwork and (cringe) shaved a bit.
    The anesthesiologist also came in to meet with me and talk about what goes on with the spinal.
    The 3 hours went pretty quickly.

I can't answer the 2nd part of your question.

Good luck!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• hsalhsal member
    I was going to say everything she did regarding early am before the section. I had an 8 am section and had to arrive at 5:30.

As far as after, I have a daughter who turns 3 next month... Same thing, needs to be lifted on to the toilet, into her car seat, etc. Shea been super great understanding mommy has a boo boo on her belly and can't carry. We bought a step stool for the toilet and hand washing. And she'll hold my hand to climb into her car seat, the bathtub, etc. Hubs and visitors helped with her more than with the newborn but today at 11 days pp, I picked her up with no issue. See how you're feeling and don't push it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a planned csection due to lo being breech. I had to check in at 6 am for a 9 am surgery.
    During that 3 hours I was put in a room, changed into the hospital gown, hooked up to the fetal heart monitor, had the iv placed, had an u/s to check that he was still breech, filled out some paperwork and (cringe) shaved a bit.
    The anesthesiologist also came in to meet with me and talk about what goes on with the spinal.
    The 3 hours went pretty quickly.

I can't answer the 2nd part of your question.

Good luck!!

This was exactly me too. I had to do a round of antibiotics by IV from a previous infection.. I had an allergic reaction so they switched meds. I had a 6a checkin time and he was here at 11a. My surgery was supposed to be at 9 but doctor had an emergency. I didn't mind waiting on that :)
  • The second part is , I was fine when I came home but tried not to lift him. It was probably 2 weeks before I really wasn't worried about it.

My recovery was not bad at all honestly
  • Ditto to what others said about prep.

I will be in a similar boat with my DD (she'll be 33 months) except I will have NO help from relatives because one side lives in Europe and the other side are disabled. And MH will most certainly not get weeks off... So you're already in a better situation than me... I will have to hire a nurse or someone to help out.
  • Thanks everyone! My mind is at ease now about both questions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto to what others said about prep.

I will be in a similar boat with my DD (she'll be 33 months) except I will have NO help from relatives because one side lives in Europe and the other side are disabled. And MH will most certainly not get weeks off... So you're already in a better situation than me... I will have to hire a nurse or someone to help out.

That's tough! Good luck with everything!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"