December 2011 Moms
Options

T&P Requested…again

DH broke his pelvis last night in a motorcycle accident. He went off the road and hit a sign. He's 8 hours away so I haven't left yet. They'll do surgery either today or Monday. My sister (nurse) is trying to convince me to stay home and let his brother, who is with him, take care of everything. It's a surgery and I feel like I should go. I just don't know what to do. I'm taking DS with me if I do go. She thinks it's not that big of a deal, but I keep thinking that I would want him there if I was having surgery even though it is a day's drive. Anyways, keep him in your thoughts and prayers, he's in a lot of pain.

Re: T&P Requested…again

• Options
    Oh no T! Lots of T&Ps!! 

I would go. I wouldn't want to be at a hospital by myself if I had surgery.  Im sure he will be happy you are there even if it is "not a big deal" according to your sister. Call him to see when the surgery is so if it is on monday you can plan for that. Especially with DS. I hope he recovers quick and well. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would go to be there to support your husband. When will he be able to make it home? T&Ps coming your way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    -T--T- member
    Thanks guys. I am on my way with my MIL and DS. I finally got to talk to DH for a little bit. He's out of it, but getting the pain under control. Surgery will be Monday and will get some screws and plates. MIL has not stopped talking since she got in the car and she's giving me a headache. OMG! Silence!
  • Options
    lckcdc3lckcdc3 member
    Oh man T, I'm so sorry. T&Ps coming your way. I'm glad you are going!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    Oh crap T, I'm so sorry but I'm glad that he's ok! It could have definitely been a lot worse but surgery is never fun. I'm glad you're going, it sounds like you really wanted to from the beginning and I would've gone too. Hope the surgery goes well, T&P's headed there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Oh gosh. I am so sorry. Hope surgery and recovery goes smoothly.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Thinking of you! Hope he's on the mend soon!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad to hear you decided to go! T&Ps for you and your family. 

• Options
    RicolaRicola member
    I'm so sorry, T. What a scary call that must have been to get. I can't imagine. I'm glad you decided to go, I would have done the same.
    Lots of big hugs to you and I'm sending good thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. How long will he have to stay at that hospital?
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    -T--T- member
    So apparently the surgeon is on vacation for 10 days. I don't quite know why we didn't find this out until today, but they want to transfer him. They found a surgeon 2.5 hours away from where we live who specializes in pelvic/hip fractures so the plan is to have him fly there. It will be good to be closer to home. Levi and stayed with a friend of my brother's last night so we got some good sleep. DH is in a lot of pain today, hoping to get surgery over with so he can start recovering.
  • Options
    Well at least he will be closer to home. That IS weird they couldn't tell you that before you scheduled the surgery. You would think it would come up when they were scheduling it. 

• Options
    Sorry to hear this T. I hope he is doing ok!
  • Options
  • Options
    motangmotang member
    I hope he can get into surgery at the closer hospital very soon so he can start recovering. How scary. Sending you and your H thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Leap08Leap08 member
    I'm so sorry. The whole situation sounds horrible. I hope they're able to get your husband into surgery soon so he can start the recovery process.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hey @-T-‌ I'm chiming in, so sorry that you and your family are going through this. I will keep your guys in my prayers and hope your DH's surgery goes well and he has a speedy recovery

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    RicolaRicola member
    Maybe the surgeon had to take leave unexpectedly for some kind of emergency?
    I hope your husband can get his surgery as soon as possible. Hang in there, friend!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    -T--T- member
    DH finally got transferred late this afternoon. His mom went on the plane with him, DS and I drove 9 hours home. We just got home and I'm so ready to sleep in my own bed tonight! DH probably won't have surgery tomorrow since the surgeon is booked. He needs to have new X-rays taken and is having an issue with low hemoglobin tonight. They will look into that tomorrow and hopefully get everything straightened out so we can move forward. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Just seeing this. Thinking of you and your family!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hugs -T-!!!! Thankfully 2.5 hours away puts you in a reasonable range compared to being 8 hours away (btw - not to be nosey but where did it happen?)..

Here's hoping for a rapid recovery for YH!!! Down time isn't good when someone is that active!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    -T--T- member
    MesmrEwe said:

Hugs -T-!!!! Thankfully 2.5 hours away puts you in a reasonable range compared to being 8 hours away (btw - not to be nosey but where did it happen?)..

Here's hoping for a rapid recovery for YH!!! Down time isn't good when someone is that active!

It happened in Arkansas, pretty close to Missouri. He's having surgery this morning at 8:30. Should take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours. He should be able to come home within a week! Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed soon!
  • Options
    Hope surgery goes smoothly today!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

That explains a lot!  A friend just moved down to Missouri from Rochester - After being spoiled with the Mayo system it was an eye-opener with the lack of care down there and sheer frustration that no one could coordinate with anyone!  (her FIL needed an MRI and consequently treatment for the problem...  They went to the ER because of debilitating pain levels, it was going to be a week before they could fit him in for an ER, then another several days before the MRI would be read, let alone treated. 

Here's hoping surgery went well and he's on the mend with no bumps in the road from here on out!  I can't imagine how uncomfortable that flight had to be!  If you need to send him off to a rehab center until he's more mobile, don't fear it!  They get PT 2x/day instead of once and it's not nearly as rough on you while he's on the mend. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RicolaRicola member
    How did the surgery go, @-T-? Still sending lots of good thoughts your way! I hope you can get back into a routine soon and that your DH is feeling better. Were you able to take time off your new job? Is DS with you? 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    -T--T- member
    Surgery went well. It was about 4 hours long, then waited for about 1.5 to see him after recovery. He finally came home yesterday and it's miserable. He got up 5 times during the night, needing meds and to use the restroom. I had to get up every time so I'm exhausted. Thankfully DS slept all night, but between the 2 of them, I'm constantly running around doing something for 1 of them. He can't put any pressure on his left leg so he's using crutches or a walker now. My bosses have been super nice and said I can take as much time off as I need to. I took all last week off and went to work yesterday, and will be taking off until at least the 3rd of June because he has to be supervised until his appointment on the 2nd. 

I took DS with me to Missouri, which was interesting. He did pretty well but I left him with my mom when they transferred him closer to home. They live about an hour away from the hospital so I mostly came home and slept there. 

We are familiar with Rochester, most people get sent there for big issues. We, too, are spoiled with excellent care in Southeast South Dakota. I would not send my worst enemy to Missouri for treatment. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Yikes that must be really tough taking care of both your men like that. Glad the surgery went well and hope things get better soon. ((Hugs))

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"