Cloth Diapering

How do you dry your diapers?

We just started CDing and I've been air drying our diaper inside. (It's been super rainy.) it's taking them FOREVER to dry! How do you ladies dry? Air dry? Dryer? Dryer on air only setting?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How do you dry your diapers?

• I put all my inserts/prefolds in the dryer on medium heat and usually air dry my covers/diapers inside.  My covers & pockets are usually dry by the morning, my AIOs can take a full 2 days to be completely dry.  I sometimes will throw the AIOs in the dryer on low or no heat for a few minutes to dry them the last little bit / soften them up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited May 2014
    I dry my prefolds and inserts in the dryer on med and hang dry anything with pul inside. I set my drying rack over a vent and everything is dry the next morning, including aios. Once all the pollen dies down and it stops raining I'll start hanging outside.

• Loading the player...
  • Either out on the line or if the weather isn't good enough the dryer. I'm trying to be better about hanging covers inside or out.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I pretty much hang up everything, either outside or inside, unless I'm behind on laundry. There are a few things that take longer to dry (like my Thirsties doublers or S'bish flats) so I throw them in the dryer with a load of clothes or towels. I've heard some folks plug a fan in near indoor drying racks to help keep the air circulating so they dry faster, too. (We wouldn't be able to do this b/c DS is obsessed with trying to poke his fingers in every fan he sees.)

• km_mdkm_md member
    I dry everything on a drying rack inside my house. I typically wash them after 7pm because water is cheaper at that time, and then I hang them and let them dry overnight. By morning they are all ready to go. 

• We use prefolds so I usually dry them in the dryer, and hang the covers. I have a good drying rack in the basement and clothes line outside but honestly I don't use them often because I am lazy. Working on that.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I dry prefolds and fitteds in the dryer on high, but I have an older machine and it's not super hot. I have found air drying takes too long in this Florida humidity unless they're in the sun, in which case they dry too fast and get rough. Rough diapers=chapped penis for my little guy, so the dryer it is..
  • I've learned my lesson about drying outside. We live in the desert so they dry quickly on the line but I usually end up with dusty diapers or diapers with stickers in them. I put all inserts/flats/fitteds in the dryer on high for 45 minutes. Then I add the covers and set it to air dry for about 30. There is just enough residual heat from the first cycle to speed up drying the covers but not enough that I am worried about damaging them.
  • Prefolds and inserts in the dryer. Everything lse on a drying rack inside. Flipping things inside out makes a difference with drying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    Dryer on medium heat.  We've had a few covers de-laminate, but most of them have held up well and will be in decent enough condition to get through baby #2.

• Sgriff1Sgriff1 member
    edited May 2014
    I hang my covers and Softbums to dry and throw my inserts, flats and AIO diapers on low in the dryer...all dries very quickly. I've heard many people say that drying in the dryer will NOT damage diapers, but others say it will. Has anyone actually had diapers/elastic or PUL get damaged from being dried regularly on low?
    Also, does drying outside/sunning fade diapers? I would think the sun would damage covers and dark colored diapers?

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    All in the dryer 50 minutes on medium low. I try to remember to take out my covers but mh never remembers.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • edited May 2014
    All inserts go in the dryer on medium heat with a large already-dry towel to help the process. All my covers hang dry on a rack inside.

My grovia inserts usually end up finishing up on the rack b/c they don't get quite dry enough in the dryer.

I wash at night after DD is in bed and everything is dry by the morning.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I dry everything on the low setting on my dryer or line dry. 
  • Everything goes in the drier for 60 minutes on low - If I remember to, I hang my covers...but that probably only happens 1/2 the time. Only been CDing for 3 months but no issues so far.
    i  d o  |  0 6 . 0 7 . 0 8
    s o p h i a  |  0 8 . 1 8 . 0 9 |  8  l b s  4  o z
    e m m y  |  0 2 . 1 1 . 1 4 |  8  l b s  1 0  o z
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"