High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

N14 Lurker Question- anyone have experience with a uterine prolapse that developed during pregnancy?

Hi ladies-  I hope you don't mind me dropping in- I haven't had much luck finding anything about this while searching the bump, if you have a recommendation of where else to post, it would be appreciated.

I had my 12 week appointment today and my OB noted that my uterus had begun to prolapse and was VERY low- the space between the vaginal entry and cervix was only about 2 inches in.  She said that she didn't expect that it would cause any issues for the health of the pregnancy but that it would very likely increase my discomfort. She's asked me to come back in 2 weeks to see how things are progressing. I'd been in for transvaginal ultrasounds at 6 and 8 weeks where this was not present, so I'm guessing that's why she wants to keep an eye on things.

As I read about this- it seems to be a relatively rare thing to develop during pregnancy and I've ready various things about pessaries and potential bedrest but there's not much out there overall, so I was wondering if anyone here had experience with it or could direct me to the right place?  Thanks so much.

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"