C-sections
Options

Removing steristrips.

I had my cs on 5/6 and they removed my staples on 5/9. They put steristrips on instead and said they would fall off during the week or I could pull them off today. But I'm petrified!! Anyone else have to pull them off on your own?

Re: Removing steristrips.

• Options
    Kim22Kim22 member
    My Dr. did it at my 2 week appointment. She soaked them with something first to make them come off easy. Don't worry there is no pain because the area is probably still numb. I suggest doing it in the shower.
  • Options
    I didn't touch them for a REALLY long time. Left them on for an extra week I think. They kind of came off on their own in the shower. I was so paranoid about my belly coming open haha...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hsalhsal member
    That's how I feel! Like if I pull them, will I pull my stomach open? Ha. I guess I'll keep taking showers and see if they start to come off...
  • Options

I loosened the ends a little bit because I knew she was going to take them off at my 2 week appt. Just let the water run down them a little.

Hope you're feeling well and congrats on the baby!

M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.

DS1- 8/2013

DS2- 11/2015 (Second round IUI)

DD- 9/2017

Baby #4 Due 5/10/20 TEAM GREEN

• Options
    I only had steri strips, no staples, and my doctor told me I could pull them off after a week PP. I think I left them on for a few extra days because I was scared to even look at my incision funny, but pulling them off was like pulling off bandaids. definitely not what I psyched myself up about.
  • Options
    I only had steristrips too and I was too terrified to touch them so I let them fall off in the shower. My OB took them off at my first PP checkup and because I hadn't gained feeling around my incision (still haven't 13 weeks PP), I didn't feel a thing. Not nearly as bad as I was anticipating!
  • Options
    stefugestefuge member
    I waited a bit longer than the doctor said and then pulled them off in the shower. It wasn't too painful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    KriztynKriztyn member
    Mine stayed on for a week then I had my husband pull them off... hurt like pulling off a bandaid
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MissMusic said:

I pulled mine off in the shower and there was no problem.  Just go gently!

This exactly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    Mine didn't fall off on their own; I had to take them off.  I was scared, but it was fine.  I didn't take them off until like a month or so after my C-section, though.  
  • Options
    mine got loose and I was able to pull them off in the shower. they would catch on clothing and pull so I was happy to take them off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"