December 2012 Moms

Go-To Activities for On The Go

My DH graduates from the Police Academy tomorrow (Halle-freaking-lu-la!) and DD will be with us for the ceremony (about 1.5 hours long) and I will have to keep her occupied for a 1.5 hour class as well. It's a family-friendly environment, but obviously, I can't have her running amuck and being crazy. I have books, snacks, stickers, and little toys, but I am afraid it will not be enough to keep her occupied and busy. I will have my IL's there, so someone can always take her out and walk her around, but I am hoping to have a few "tricks" in my bag.

I'm thinking of trying the paint in a bag thing I've seen on Pinterest (I'm going to experiment with it tonight to be sure it works), because I'm thinking that if I plop the paint into a ziploc before I leave the house, it'll be an easy, small thing to throw in my diaper bag. 

But, that's about all I've got...do any of you wise ladies have ideas for me?  

Anniversary g
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Go-To Activities for On The Go

• Sorry no tips other than what you already have, but I probably wouldn't do paint in a bag on the go. I would be worried about her ripping, opening, or biting the bag. I've done it attached to a desk or the window, but now that she's eaten snacks in zip lock bags Id be worried about some sort of paint accident in public.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• I tried the paint in the bag this evening and it was a big flop. She could care less about it! I did cut up some cork coins and made a little tupperware with a slot in it and that was a hit. I also read to put painters tape pieces on a book so she can pull the tape off the characters in a book. Fingers crossed!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, this is bad-ish advice, but I'm pretty sure M would stay still indefinitely if I just kept passing her food.  Little tiny chocolate chips is not something I would choose, but they were in a nut mix I was eating and she lets each one dissolve in her mouth and she will stand next to me and let me pass her one every minute for a long time.  We take pouches, mum mums, and drinks.  Not the kind of thing you'd want to do all the time, but okay for one day, I think.  

For next time, I really like "Elmo's Favorite Places."  It is a book with many, many flaps.  She spent an hour with it the first time and still plays with it daily weeks later.
  • Have not done that kind of a trip, but a local mom asked a similar Q & here are her compiled answers: svtoddler.blogspot.com/2014/04/have-toddler-will-travel-part-2-keeping.html?m=1

Some are for older kiddos, but has ideas
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"