May 2014 Moms
Options

My cervix is in denial

jenb_99jenb_99 member
edited May 2014 in May 2014 Moms
38w1d, and my cervix is still as high and tight as a marine's haircut, just like it was with DS. It knows if it pretends there's not a giant-headed 9+ lb beast sitting on top of it, it won't have to participate. Smart cervix. In fact, that's what my doctor said as she was stitching me up after my first c-section. She said my cervix and vagina were "smart to refuse to push that thing out."

ETA: I'm actually thrilled to be having a RCS (it was my choice), but I still find the situation--and my body's complete refusal to cooperate--funny.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

Re: My cervix is in denial

• Options
    Mine is the same way!
  • Options
    jenb_99jenb_99 member
    edited May 2014
    @thatbwestby It turned out to be a good thing when I had DS. My OB told me later that the tears and trauma his head would inevitably cause would've given me a longer, more painful recovery than the c-section. And baby girl is actually measuring bigger than he did. Yikes.

Edited bc words are hard, yo.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here! 37w5d, "high and tight, just like last week." Thanks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    same here and my dd is next week ....
  • Options
    eghulseeghulse member
    Same, more or less. 38+1, fingertip. Bah. Making me super grouchy.
  • Options
    BKD1386BKD1386 member
    Same here... high and completely closed, induction sched for next week  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    As of last check @ 38 weeks, same boat: marine's haircut! Induction scheduled for next week sometime too. The only action that has come my way was a few contractions last night, so I doubt anything has opened up since then :(

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Same here! Induction scheduled for Monday (official dd is Thursday) and I am still the same I was at 36 weeks. Was this way for DD and DS. Nothing happened with first two until I was in labor.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers #1-DD born June 14, 2008 at 40w4d...Our Little Bug is growing so fast! #2-HB 7w5d, Missed mc 3/30/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 8w1d) #3-DS born April 5, 2011 at 38w2d...Our Little Boy is getting so big! #4-Baby #3 is due May 26, 2014! image
  • Options
    ugh. 39w3d here. I was checked this morning, and still just a "fingertip" dilated...same as last week, same as the week before. I'm low-risk, so I have the pleasure of going to 42 weeks....which is June. Boo hiss.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jenna3878 said:
    Try 40+4 and only 1 cm & still high. My doctor said the horrible phrase "see you next week" after yesterday's appointment :-(
    Same here, except I am 40+2.

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • Options
    do most drs make u wait till 42 weeks. for induction???
  • Options
    Soupy84Soupy84 member
    Had my check yesterday at 40+4, barely a fingertip dilated and sky high. Baby is in posterior position and dr is concerned about size of baby vs pelvis. I am getting Cervadil tomorrow, with oxytocin drip on Sunday morning (if Cervadil fails) and a c-section planned for Sunday evening (if oxy drip fails or there are other complications).

It has been beyond frustrating that my body is not prepared to deliver this baby. Safe arrival is all I am praying for.
    3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• Options
    Share your pain. 39 week 0 dilation. I live in Texas. My doctor joked your baby is as high as Canada. :-??
  • Options
    jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I'm having a RCS and actually really happy about it. My first induction failed hard and I now have zero desire to experience labor or a vaginal delivery. But it still strikes me as funny that my body can be so clueless even though I've already experienced one pregnancy.

• Options
    I've been denying cervix checks. I feel like they either cause disappointment or false hope. Either way, my induction has been scheduled for a week from Saturday if he doesn't decide to show face before then. He is hanging so low and completely engaged. I look ridiculous. At the one cervix check I had done at 38 weeks they told me I was "nice, soft, and squishy". Great, but I'm still pregnant. So obvs that meant nothing.  
  • Options
    do most drs make u wait till 42 weeks. for induction???
    No, this is something you need to talk to your practioner about to see what their procedure is.
  • Options
    jenna3878 said:
    Try 40+4 and only 1 cm & still high. My doctor said the horrible phrase "see you next week" after yesterday's appointment :-(
    Same here, except I am 40+2.
    Me too.  I'm 41 weeks today, and was 1cm and soft but long at my appointment this morning.  Boo.  I guess my consolation is knowing I will have a baby in my arms by next Thursday?  I SO do not want to be induced, though.
    imageimage">BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"