May 2014 Moms
Options

Stitches and Tearing

Someone please tell me when I can start drying with TP or Kleenex. The whole hair dryer thing is annoying.

Also, when did you start not using your peri bottle?

Re: Stitches and Tearing

• Options
    I have been apt drying the area with tp since day one. Just no wiping the doc said for a few weeks. I say ditch the hair dryer! Also I stopped the peri bottle after day 5 I think. But my friend used hers for like 6 weeks. I say of you feel like you don't need it anymore, then ditch it!
  • Options
    And by apt drying...I mean pat drying!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Uhm yeh 3rd degree tear with DD and I was never told not to wipe. Peri bottle when needed & pat dry. No hair dryer needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was told no tp and to use a hair dryer. It's not comfortable. I will now be using tp.

That peri bottle is about to go too.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Uhm yeh 3rd degree tear with DD and I was never told not to wipe. Peri bottle when needed & pat dry. No hair dryer needed.

Ditto. And that peri bottle was amazing, I loved it.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    How long are people pat drying for? When can/should you wipe normally?
  • Options
    PattyTCPattyTC member
    I was also told to pay dry. They said the stitches should be dissolved in 2 weeks so I figure around then I will stop the pat dry. I'm not sure about the bottle but right now it helps me feel okay with the pat dry.
  • Options
    Also used the peri bottle and used TP to pat dry. I am 3.5 weeks postpartum and stopped using the peri bottle at almost 3 weeks postpartum, but my bleeding is down to spotting. If I was still bleeding heavier I would probably still use it.

• Options
    Um, I would pat dry with TP....and used the peri bottle for maybe 2 weeks, then all seemed back to normal for me (this was with DS1).
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    I used TP to pat dry from day 1. I pretty much stopped using the peri bottle after a week or so. Mostly cause I kept forgetting to refill it before sitting on the toilet! I'd say ditch the hair dryer for sure.
    image    image

• Options

Hair dryer is put away :) it wasn't comfortable at all! I'm pretty sure it did nothing too.

I almost pee my pants when I fill my peri bottle. Now I just fill it while I'm peeing. The running water was not helping!

This just made me LOL.
  • Options
    I hope you were at least using it on the cool setting!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    awc1986awc1986 member
    Never heard of using a hair dryer, but you must have really stylish pubes.

I had an episiotomy and was never told anything but to pay dry with
    Tp.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    Must have! But I still can't see :(
  • Options
    RoufiRoufi member
    At the hospital all they told me was to wet a washcloth w cold water and pat with that - no peri bottle, definitely no hair dryer. Now I use TP in function of my physical comfort. Gentle wipes or pats.
  • Options
    TnpeachTnpeach member
    10 days pp, and I still use the peri bottle. It's like a mini shower for my hoo hah. But I have been pat drying since day 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"