Parenting after 35
Options

Lullaby and good night!

So since a lot of us have babies around the same age I was just curious if your little ones are sleeping through the night yet?  If so I hate you......errrr I mean I am so happy for you LOL.  I am still pretty much EBF, he gets a bottle here and there if I am too lazy to pump or if he is hungry still after taking a bottle of pumped BM.  Not sure if that is contributing to his lack of sleeping through yet but man alive am I tired.  Don't wanna jinks it but for the past 3 nights he has gone down to only getting up one time per night to eat and it is hovering around the 3-4 am mark so if I go to bed early enough I am actually getting a good clip of sleep under my belt before he gets up and then I get another few hours after as well.  Just curious if you all are sleeping like a baby or if your baby is still getting up at night?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Lullaby and good night!

• Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    Hate to tell you but mine has sttn since day one. We joke that she takes after my hubby because he can sleep anywhere. :)

I was a sorry state the first two months when I was getting up to pump every three hours, but life is so much easier since I started letting myself sttn too. I feel for you!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    My DD is 6 months old today.  Her sleep habits have been from one extreme to the other.  She started STTN (in medical terms for babies, 5-6 hrs) around 3 months.  Sometime during her third month, she started STTN in my terms, meaning from 8pm til 6 or 7am the next morning.  As soon as she hit the 4 month mark, it was like she flipped a switch though.  She goes down easily, she's in her crib every night between 7:30 and 8, but anywhere between 9 and 12, she will wake up and refuse to be put back in her crib.  At some point, I gave up trying to get her back to sleep in her crib and started bringing her back to bed with me.  That way everyone is sleeping.  Two months later, she is still doing this.  Last night was possibly the worst we've had in quite some time.  I put her in her crib at 8.  At 8:45, she was crying.  Went in, rocked her back to sleep, she woke up about 5 minutes later.  Did this one more time, same thing. Started to get ready for bed, while I was washing my face, she started crying again, so my DH went and got her to try to rock her back to sleep.  He tried and failed twice, by that time I was in bed (hoping to read).  He brought her to me and we went to sleep together at 9:30.  

I don't really know what to do to get her to sleep in her own crib through the night.  She doesn't eat at night, so it isn't the same situation as @Geeps2.  Once she was able to sleep through the night for 3 weeks, she didn't need to feed in the MOTN anymore.  I kind of feel like I've created a bad habit that will be difficult to break, but I just keep telling myself, we all need to sleep (DH and I both work FT outside of the home).  Plus, in about 13 years, she'll probably want nothing to do with me, so I'll enjoy the cuddles and knowing I help make her comfortable for the time being. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Levi just slept 6hrs last night for the first time- almost 8wks old!  But... I am back to work and do not pump so he is only getting one bottle of BM and the rest formula throughout the day.  I nurse him and give him a bottle before putting him down.  My older boys whom I only nursed until they were much older never slept more than 3hrs until they were much older.  Hope you get more sleep soon!  I couldn't manage to only get 3-4hrs uninterrupted and be back at work... I'd gladly trade less sleep for being able to SAH but its not in the cards this time
  • Options
    DS1 is 2.5 and just starting to STTN (and by that I mean no wake ups).  He's still up at least once 2 or 3 nights a week.

DS2 is an awesome sleeper.  He was in his swing for months due to reflux.  And he would get up once, sometimes twice.  I just transitioned him to his crib (reflux is gone) at the same time he got his helmet.  He's up 3 times a night.  At least once to eat, sometimes its twice.  The other wake ups are to be moved because he can't roll anymore because he's against the side of the crib.

Not sure if it makes a difference but both my boys were FF from the start.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS is 2 months today he had 3 days I a row of sleeping 8/9pm to 5/6am a few days ago but now he is back to his 3/4am wake up. I'm hoping they he gets back to his 5/6am wake up since I go back to work in less then a month. By this time DS1 was sleeping 9pm-6am eat and go back to sleep until 9am.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Guennie.......You are dead to me!  LOL I am so just kidding :)  I am jealous.

Whipple- do you think maybe she is hungry?  I know when my guy gets up he truly is hungry and is not just needing a snuggle.  Maybe try feeding her to see if maybe its the midnight munchies?  They are growing at such a rapid rate she may just need a little something to fill her tummy?  I may be totally off the mark.  Just thought I would throw that out there. 
     I wouldn't worry about her sleeping in your bed.  My sister has done the exact same thing for the exact same reason and all of the kids sleep in their own beds now (ages 6, 5 &4) .  My pediatrician also told me you can't spoil a baby so I never feel guilty for going against what some may judge as spoiling or starting down a road of bad habits.  You have to do what works for you and what you feel is best for your little one.  But man alive it would be nice if they would just sleep ;)

• Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    Haha I would be jealous of me too. For the first two months I was in hell. My hubby got to take advantage and sleep but I still had to get up to pump. It was torture.

M does wake up a little once or twice through the night. I'll wake up and hear her stirring. She just rolls around a bit then falls right back to sleep. I'm really really hoping this won't change as she gets older!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    @Geeps2‌ my husband has asked me the same thing about her possibly being tired. I don't think that's it, but I have no idea. My pediatrician told me that if she went that long without feeding in the motn, that she shouldn't be hungry. I give her a binky and it makes her quit crying, so that also makes me think she isn't hungry. But I'm clueless. And may try to feed her just to see if it helps.
  • Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    I may be totally wrong.  It's worth a shot to see if that is it just so you guys can get some much needed sleep.  I'm starting solids soon so I am hoping that maybe that helps??  Who knows!!!

• Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Ohhhhh Lilki I am so very sorry that SUCKS.  Luckily my 2 year old does sleep through the night or I'd kill myself or someone else due to extreme sleep deprivation.

• Options
    I night weaned DS around 13 months because he was using nursing as a sleep crutch. He responded well. 

He sleeps from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. recently. He doesn't wake most nights. I think that he is waking earlier these days because he has some painful teeth coming in.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Joey has slept through the night since he was 3 months old. His older brother however didn't sleep through the night until like 15months or something crazy though. I wish I had some secret, but I did everything exactly the same. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options
    MrsDLMrsDL member
    DS didn't start sleeping in the crib through the night until around 15 months and that was after we did CIO Ferber method. Wish I could say it was smooth sailing after that but once we transitioned him to the toddler bed at about 2 (crib jumping, getting stuck, etc.) he would wake-up several times and cry, or come in our room.  We bought this stoplight alarm clock to teach him "red means stay in bed" which he loves to repeat, and loves to get up when it turns green, but it doesn't keep him in his room.  We hope for a different story this time around. I did inadvertently create negative sleep associations with my first (nursing on demand in which he'd fall asleep, rocking, holding, etc). They're all different, but we'll see how it goes this time. So yeah, I haven't slept all that well in 3 years (DS just turned 3) despite reading just about every sleep book I could get my hands on.

• Options
    steverstever member

DS1 woke up multiple times a night until he was 1.5.

DS2 was a spectacular sleeper as a newborn and has been a decent sleeper ever since.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"