Cloth Diapering

Sensitivity to Tide :(

I know this has been talked to death and I'm sorry. I'm on mobile and can't search. I started with bumgenius detegent and wasn't crazy about it and switched to Tide last week. Once I got over the smell and started to like it, I noticed some redness on my little boy. I put cream on it, thinking maybe it was just irritated. Now he has a lot of little red dots. Nurse said it's from the detergent.

Detergent for sensitive skin??

Re: Sensitivity to Tide :(

• Charlie's.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Country Save or Tiny Bubbles.
  • Loading the player...
  • I disagree with Charlie's, as it caused sensitivity/hives for us. We've been using Nellies issue-free ever since.

• For good measure, what is your wash routine and how much Tide were you using?
  • Nellies
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• DS is sensitive to Tide and Charlie's. We use Tiny Bubbles, but I've also heard great things about Nellie's. We have a tin of it to try when the TB runs out.

• For good measure, what is your wash routine and how much Tide were you using?

I have a HE FL washer. I do a 30 minute presoak and a cold wash on the heavy duty setting. Then I do a hot wash on heavy duty and an extra rinse. I was using up to level 1 mark on the scoop.
  • What is your water quality like?  I use up to the 1st line in a non-HE TL and hard water.

I have no idea. I always just thought it was normal water!

• SarahA918 said:

What is your water quality like?  I use up to the 1st line in a non-HE TL and hard water.

I have no idea. I always just thought it was normal water!

Do you get water spots easily (like on dishes from the dishwasher or on a window the sprinkler hits)?  If you have softer water, you won't need to use nearly as much detergent.

Tomorrow is laundry day so I'll use half? I think I'll also put some other detergents in my Amazon cart just in case!!
  • Same thing happened to us....tried Tide and he got the red bumpies in his pubic area. I switched back to Charlie's, but can NOT get rid of this darn rash now. :( I need to start a new thread about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So, either you are using too much Tide and it is not fully rinsing out, which would cause irritation to anyone, or your LO is truly allergic to Tide and you need to change detergents. Either way it sounds like you should do a few hot water strips and then either adjust how much Tide you are using (and maybe add an additional rinse to the end of your routine), or change detergents altogether.
  • So, either you are using too much Tide and it is not fully rinsing out, which would cause irritation to anyone, or your LO is truly allergic to Tide and you need to change detergents. Either way it sounds like you should do a few hot water strips and then either adjust how much Tide you are using (and maybe add an additional rinse to the end of your routine), or change detergents altogether.

I'm on it!! I'll get started right now! I guess I'll use the bumgenius until my new soap gets delivered.
  • Do the water only wash(es) before you switch to make sure you're staring fresh

How many hot washes? Three good? I don't have to dry in between, right?
  • Did you notice any bubbles in the first wash?  If not then 3 is probably good.  No, you don't have to dry them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jcwinsto said:

Did you notice any bubbles in the first wash?  If not then 3 is probably good.  No, you don't have to dry them.

I still had a couple little bubbles in the second load but I'm not sure if they were soap bubbles or just water bubbles.. know what I mean? I haven't looked this cycle yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"