Cloth Diapering

Do you love your spouse more or less....

edited May 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Since getting married?
imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Do you love your spouse more or less.... 129 votes

More
66% 86 votes
Less
3% 4 votes
The same
19% 25 votes
We aren't married yet
3% 4 votes
I am a single parent
0% 1 vote
Some other SS
6% 9 votes

Re: Do you love your spouse more or less....

• Follow up question: Would you do it all again, knowing everything you know now?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • KLXVIKLXVI member
    I guess I should be a SS, but I voted "the same".  We dated for 8.5 years before getting married so I knew what I was getting into :)  

Now, if the question was loving him differently after having a child, that might change my answer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Also agree with @stoneycakes‌ ' gif.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SS- I want to say I love him more, because he's a wonderful father, a sweet person, blah blah blah. But now that we've settled in to our life together, there are things about him that drive me absolutely batty, whereas when we were dating I was all starry-eyed and could overlook certain annoying things. So....the same?  God, he'd be crushed...

• KLXVI said:
    I guess I should be a SS, but I voted "the same".  We dated for 8.5 years before getting married so I knew what I was getting into :)  

Now, if the question was loving him differently after having a child, that might change my answer. 

Did you get married after having a child? I'm asking since your wedding day, how would you quantify your love?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I'm with @stoneycakes on this one too. 
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • To answer my own question: Knowing all I know, I would totally marry him again, but I would never have tried nearly as hard to be accepted by his family. And I wouldn't have put up with nearly as much shit about that when we were dating.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    I love him more now. And i would absolutely do it again. If you had asked this back around year two or three though, my answer would have been totally different. I thought about how much I wanted a divorce every single day back then. We had a really rough time where, looking back, it was just selfishness on both of our parts. We worked really hard to overcome that though, and both had to make a lot of apologies for things. But eventually we healed and came out much stronger.
    Our story is sort of similar.  We've had ebbs and flows in our marriage.  Overall I love (and trust) him more.  I know that no matter what happens he has my back, even if he's mad at me or whatever.  

There certainly are things he does that drive me crazy and days I wish I could be on my own, but overall I'm happy with my life and I can't (and don't want to) imagine a life without him. 

Would I do it all over again....yes.  But I would do some things a bit differently as far as how we interact with each other and managing our expectations of each other early on.

image imageimageimage

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    So I wonder how this differs depending on how long you have been married?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • ^^ IRTT: I confess that I find myself totally judging people's signatures when they include a timelines between dating/marriage/children, especially if they include how old they are and they are young.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • It was to stringy and TJ, not you. But in regards to this.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • I love him more now.

We dated long distance for a year and a half before getting engaged, so we were engaged before we'd even lived in the same city together. We were young (22) and stupid, and honestly we shouldn't have gotten married. That being said, we DID get married, and that commitment means a lot to both of us. We've been married 6.5 years, and we've put A LOT of work into our relationship. It's definitely not a butterflies and rainbows marriage, but he's my partner and that's that. 

I'm with stringy, though, I do sometimes wish the physical part was more like when we were dating... Not seeing each other in person for months at a time can really make for some good reunion make-out sessions ;)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Fortunately, we've been together for 9 years, and the physical/intimate aspect is just as strong, if not more so, actually. So apparently is when we're not in bed that some of his habits make my eye twitch. But no one is perfect, and I feel pretty darn lucky with my chosen mate. And I'm with mrscjmb9410: things would have to get pretty awful before we decided to use the D word. Having our child/children have both parents in their everyday lives is the most important thing to us, so long as we weren't making our children miserable by being miserable to each other.

• Cold-hearted snake.  ;)

• DH and I have been together for 13 years. We got married 9 years ago. I'll be 33 this year, and he'll be 37. We waited 7 years to have kids, and quite honestly trying to make that decision was probably the closest we ever came to splitting up. (I didn't think I would want kids when we got married, but over time that changed. I wasn't willing to force him into it, but I also wasn't sure if I was willing to give up motherhood completely. He had to think about it for two years before he was ready to even NTNP. It was terrible.) Anyway, he absolutely loves being a dad and I love that DS thinks he hung the moon. I'd still like to wring DH's neck from time to time b/c he hasn't outgrown his selfish side much, but I'd definitely marry him again.

• Totally what I was going to say, Stoney!

• haileyqhaileyq member
    Interesting question...
    I'm in the boat of "we had a kid right after we got married" so I do think that the parenthood part of the equation is the kicker here. We dated for 4 years before we married then had our son 5 months after we were married. I would say that I love him "more" than when we dated but I think that having a child together is what changed it.

Would I do it all again? For sure. I've never been as happy as I am now; I never imagined life could even BE this happy. I didn't want kids when DH and I met, I definitely didn't want to be married. I honestly thought I'd be a travel nurse living in a Winnebago with my dog having flings here and there but never fully committing to anything. Now the tags "wife" and "mother" don't have the negative connotations in my head that they used to, I actually love them!

If it matters I'm 28 and DH is almost 30.
  • SkyBeeSkyBee member
    To answer my own question: Knowing all I know, I would totally marry him again, but I would never have tried nearly as hard to be accepted by his family. And I wouldn't have put up with nearly as much shit about that when we were dating.
    This is me exactly.... DH's family is crazy and I only regret putting up with it for so long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Who's the ghost "love it" on TJ's last post?

• Oh, it's Meesh, though her avatar seems to have disappeared.

• We've been dating for...13 years. Lived together for 6 years before marrying. Had M 3 years after marriage.

We started dating when I was fourteen. I can't imagine life with anyone else. I don't even know how to date. Gross
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• We met Junior year in college and have been together since. Dating since '05, married since '11. LO welcomed in '13. Now for LO #2.... :x

• I voted more. I think because the more experiences you share together the closer you can get, as long as those experiences are positive/supportive.

We've been together for 10 years, married for 4.5 years and we've been through a lot of  the ups and downs of life in that time. And we support each other through those ups and downs and it makes us closer, so the love grows.

There are times my husband drives me insane, but it's always the little things (like loading the dishwasher) that are really insignificant in the grand scheme of things. And those little things do fall away when the big shit happens and the support we have in each other makes me/us realize how well matched and supported we are together.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • km_mdkm_md member
    We lived together for a couple of years before getting married so I knew about most of his annoying habits. Since getting married we've gone through some hardships and they have absolutely brought us closer together and reminded me why I love him so much.

His family has caused more fights during our relationship than anything else.

• Definitely more, but not because we're married. Just the longer we're together the more and more meaningful the love grows, especially after having kids. Even though I often can't stand the way he parents our toddler :)
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been together since I was a junior in high school and got married when I was 21, there have been a couple of times where I've thought that things might have been easier if we had waited a little bit longer to get married so that we could have been finished with college first just to avoid some of that stress but I've never regretted being married to him and I'd do it over again in an instant.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I said more, but I think instead of a quantitative difference, it is a qualitative difference.

It is just a different type of love. Less exciting, but more solid.

The best I can come to explaining it is that we are completed in each other now. There is a oneness that we didn't have before.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Still no baby @mapleme?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Aww.  Mine was just a few minutes ago.

Sure would like to see those hiccups from the outside.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • KLXVIKLXVI member
    KLXVI said:

Did you get married after having a child? I'm asking since your wedding day, how would you quantify your love?
    Nope, but I get what you are saying.  Having a child has been such a recent addition to our lives since we started dating when I was 18, dated 8.5 years, and then 5 years later had L.  I guess what I was trying to say was that overall I love him the same, but I would love him more if he would make the jump from good to great father.  I feel like he still ranks his work family a little too high compared to his real family.  I'm probably being too hard on him, but after knowing him for so long I know his potential.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Seeing DH as a dad makes me love him more and more. It's just freaking adorable.

I feel like such a newbie relationship wise compared to the others on the board! We've been together 4 years and married 1.5 years. So I'm sure we'll have lots of ups in downs in our future.

It's fun getting back to "us" after the newborn survival mode we had been in.
  • LaBellaVidaLaBellaVida member
    edited May 2014
    I voted more.
    We married after only a few months of meeting. Honestly, I'm not sure I "loved" him when we got married. There were times in our marriage I told myself if I got a do over, I wouldn't. We've over come allot of issues and I'm happy now.
    Plus I wouldn't have my beautiful kids...I definitely love him now, no doubt about it.

Eta: we've been married 10 years as of Monday. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"