May 2014 Moms

FTM question about contractions & water breaking !

So I lost or am loosing parts of my mucus plug yesterday and today a lot more. I was wondering if now my water can break without any contractions or if you always get contractions before water breaks ? I'm 40 weeks so hopefully she comes soon!

Re: FTM question about contractions & water breaking !

• fraseyfrasey member
    with DD, my water broke before contractions started. But Ive heard that 90% of the time, its ctx first, then water. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• With DS, it was contractions first, water broke later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • No personal experience but the stats say that only about 10% of women have their water break as the first sign of labour (so, before contractions). But 10% is still a lot of pregnant women ...

(I may be secretly hoping my water spontaneously breaks today since I'm over 40 weeks and don't feel anything like contractions coming on today ... *sigh*)
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Losing your plug or having a bloody show does not necessarily mean labor is close...and your water breaking as the next phase is rare. I have been having a slight bloody show over the past few days...and nothing.  With our 3rd...I had quite a bit of a bloody show for a day then that night my water broke without any other sign...had to walk for a few hours at hospital before contractions started coming.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • I think it depends. I lost my mucus plug last week. Last night I found more mucus on the toilet paper. Losing the mucus plug means nothing even though it can be a little excitingto see it.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I lost my mucus plug and two days later my water broke. My water broke with a small leak and the contractions started about 3 hours later.

• Thank you everyone !
  • For my first 2 my water only leaked and both times with no contractions first until after the midwife broke my waters completely and this time I bent down to grab some toys off the floor and when I stood up my water broke!! 4 hours later I had my first contraction
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my first I didn't really have contractions until after my water broke. It was 6am. I showered, DH showered and we got to the hospital around 7:30. I apparently should have gone in sooner according to the nurses. I was like 6cm when I arrived. So that's my advice. After your water breaks, if you can, try to get right in there.
  • With my first two the doctor broke my water in the hospital after I was admitted. This time I had diarrhea and vomiting all afternoon, but no other symptoms so I figured I had picked up a bug, that night my water broke and contractions started almost immediately.
  • My water broke at 8:45pm 40w3d. I'm GBS+ so I was instructed to come right in. I wasn't having consistent contractions so they decided to induce me.
  • I lost my mucous plug and my water broke a few days later. I never started contracting on my own (although the Dr's would only let me wait 6 hours before starting pitocen due to being gbs positive).

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• TnpeachTnpeach member
    Cxs started at 230, started sucking at 4, water broke spontaneously at 543, and DD2 made her grand entrance at 549. Never saw a MP or bloody show.
  • With DD my water broke after about 12-13 hours of labor, and less than an hour before I gave birth. It broke on its own, but in the hospital after hours and hours of contractions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"