December 2011 Moms

RF/FF

This hasn't been discussed in a little while. What direction is your LO's carseat? 

When DS got tubes, my sister saw DS's carseat is still rear facing. She asked why he's not FF and said he'd like it better. She's a carseat checker at the hospital she works at, mind you, so I was surprised to hear it from her! I told her it's safer, duh! I don't really have a goal age to flip it at, and I'm getting tempted to flip it so I can see what he's doing and hand him toys easier. He's just so small yet.

Re: RF/FF

• RFing still. DD is only 25lb and she could care less about riding backwards as long as Frozen soundtrack is on repeat. I will probably turn her in Oct when she starts preschool. They have a car line and the teachers get them in and out of their seats.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • lckcdc3lckcdc3 member
    He is still RF. I think though I'm going to flip him when #2 comes. My husband has a smaller car and he won't be able to have two rear facing carseats and drive comfortably. I may keep him RF in my car but I bet he is going to give me a harder time if he's FF in dad's car. Otherwise right now he doesn't know any different.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• RicolaRicola member
    Still rear facing and will be for a while, I think. Alex is still only 26 lbs and not complaining yet.
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Still RFing....he doesn't complain so I'm leaving him like that until at least 2.5 or 3.  DS is pretty small too (28 pounds) so it's not like I'm hoisting a 35 pounder over the sides of the seat.  
  • DS is FF and has been since he turned 2, he's about 32 pounds so he's a big boy. I love being able to see him and he loves it too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• motangmotang member
    We are still RF as well. She is also smaller- 25 lbs. I'm not sure when I'll turn her around yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are FF. Blake has long legs and it was all scrunched up RF. He likes it. Blake is also 35 pounds. We did flip him somewhat early. With #2, I will wait a little later I think. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Still RF here. DS1 has never minded being in the car, so it hasn't been necessary to flip him. Personally I'd like to keep him RF'ing as long as possible. That being said, now that we have 2 RF seats in my car (we only have one set of seats) my DH wants to flip DS1 to FF so that he has more room when he drives. I told him the next time we take a long road trip we can make the change.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still RFibg her but it's starting to get tight in his Britax Pavillion. Pretty soon we'll pass the Britax to little sister and get him Radians. I hope that gets us some extra RFIng time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    We turned her forward right about the time she turned 2. We did it for a couple of reasons:
    1. She hated her car seat and would cry any time we were in the car for more than 5 minutes. She also fought being put in her car seat. Turning her seat solved this problem. She will now happily climb into her own seat.
    2. We were going on a long road trip and I wanted her to be able to watch DVDs with her sister.
    3. She could see her sister forward facing and really wanted her seat to face the same way. She even tried climbing into her seat a few times.

I think that if she hadn't hated RFing, she would still be RFing. Honestly, our car drives are so much more peaceful now. I'm glad we turned her when we did.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We turned DS at 15mo... He was literally getting bumped in the head every time we wedged him in there or took him out, and since he already had a TBI, the risk of that many little bumps was a bigger risk for us than not turning him. The second he was turned, he was MUCH happier and most of all, no more head bumps!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I turned DD around 25 months. She didn't mind riding RF but it became quite a battle to get her in the seat in the first place and being pregnant at the time, I couldn't physically force her much longer.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• NNGnomeNNGnome member
    DS1 went FF around 21 months, a month before DS2 was born, we can't fit two RF car seats in the car so he had to turn around, he likes it much better, but if we didn't have DS2 he would still be RF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"