August 2013 Moms
Options

SBR - Vacation Spots Between MA & PA?

Does anyone have recommendations for a good kid-friendly vacation spot on the way between Gettysburg, PA and Boston, MA? 

Back story: DH and I have been invited to a wedding in Gettysburg this fall, and we're trying to figure out whether to go, whether to bring LO, and how to get there.  Based on my initial research, flying will either be expensive (closest airport is Harrisburg, and tickets are $$$) or a total pain (fly into Baltimore/DC, renting a car, and driving 1-1.5 hours to Gettysburg), or both, so we're considering driving down the day before the wedding (7 hours) and then stopping somewhere on the way home for a little vacation (anywhere from 2-5 days).  If we do that, we would bring LO (who will be 13 months old) and possibly the dog.  We're looking for places that would be on the way (or a minor detour) and would allow us to split the drive up on the way back.  Any ideas?  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SBR - Vacation Spots Between MA & PA?

• Options
    There's a Sesame Place amusement park just outside Philly that can be fun for toddlers:

https://sesameplace.com/en/langhorne/

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    Mystic, Connecticut!  Aquarium, Seaport, right on the water.  :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Caz1221Caz1221 member
    ludali said:
    Mystic, Connecticut!  Aquarium, Seaport, right on the water.  :-)

@ludali, so funny that you mention Mystic - we're actually heading there this weekend!

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    Enjoy!!
  • Options
    The Poconos?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well I'm a half hour from Gettysburg so there's that... I would def recommend the aquarium if you don't mind going a bit south or end up flying into Baltimore. There's also Dutch wonderland in Lancaster., LO might still be a bit too small for most of the rides, but the park is geared towards younger kids.
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    Our LOs are young for a lot of kid-targeted stuff. BUT, maybe a Great Wolf Lodge? Depending on when in the fall, shore points in NJ are still active into early Oct (and much more low-key). You could also stop in Philly - the Please Touch Museum is good for when they're walking but I wouldn't spend the $$ otherwise, or the crapton of touristy things to do in NYC. I wouldn't do Sesame Place - it's geared for much older kiddos. Zoos along the way - Phila Zoo, Bronx Zoo, etc could be fun.

In fall, there also could be some seasonal festivals in the major cities if you check out "things to do" websites for cities.

You've got options.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"