Adoption
Options

Weekly Check-In

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

3.) AR-QOTW - How do you manage the waiting?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What did you do for Mother's Day?

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014

Re: Weekly Check-In

• Options

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? PAP Foster to Adopt

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

We are officially home study approved and got word that all paperwork for our license has been received.   Our CW is working on our profile and I am getting ready to start stalking photo listings :)  

I try not to think about it.  It has moved quickly so far, I am worried that now that we are starting the networking and search we will be waiting a long time.  

I ran a 5K in the morning and talked to my mom.   Other than that I relaxed all day and read.   Will hopefully be the last quiet mother's day I have. 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • Options

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? - Adoption through the state (different than foster adopt where I live, but still with a some risk and a waiting period)

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent! - We are waiting for the initial background checks to go through so we can schedule our home study. 

3.) AR-QOTW - How do you manage the waiting? - Look up information on the process so we can be more prepared. 

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What did you do for Mother's Day? - I spoke to my mom in the morning, and other than that we relaxed around. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. We are foster to adopt.
    2. We were placed with our first foster child almost 2 months ago. He's a adorable 9 month old.
    3. There really wasn't much of a wait. We got the call, met him and his foster mom on an Monday and picked him up that following Friday.
    4. I wanted a low key day. We went to church, then bagel shop and a state park. Dinner was take out Chinese. The day was perfect.
    I always wanted to be a mom, I just didn't know how I would get there.
  • Options
    1) adoptive mama in DIA
    2) working on completing our post-placement visits, we have our 4th out of 6 next week.
    3) we pretty much just lived life as usual, did nursery prep& had a shower. We only waited 4 months.
    4) we did church, brunch, park, then I had some alone time at Starbucks! It was great. :)
  • Options
    CheleChele member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? Foster mother

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent! Fostering two girls 8 and 4

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What did you do for Mother's Day? Took the kids to a bouncy play place, had my ILs over.

10/27/07
  • Options
    m5858m5858 member
    1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? >> PAP through DIA 
    2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent! >> We just finished our homestudy. Now to just wait to hear that the SW signed off the report. 
    3.) AR-QOTW - How do you manage the waiting? >> We're still at the beginning of the process so I haven't done much waiting. In the meantime, I'm getting my life decluttered and organized and enjoying my sleep.
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What did you do for Mother's Day? >> I slept in and did some work on our adoption profile book. DH made me poached eggs for dinner. (I LOVE breakfast for dinner!)
  • Options
    Lacyj67Lacyj67 member
    1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?
    Foster to Adopt

2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent!
    We were just placed after being certified in April with an emergency placement of a 8 month old little boy. He is adorable and we are falling so in love with him already!!!

Didn't have to wait long but I was preparing the room and getting together everything we needed.thank goodness I did that because we are using the crib and changing table and rocker daily now!!! Don't know what we would of done if we had to get this all so fast!
    Spent a quiet day at home with the baby. It was so special. My husband went out in the morning and got me coffee and flowers and a card!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options

--- Foster Primarily - not pursuing adoption but open to the right fit

2.) Where are you in the process? 

---- In between placements. Available for respite only. DH is currently job hunting.

---- Enjoying the peace right now. I am enjoying not having the crazy schedule that kids bring.

---- Pampered my mom and tried to forget it was going on.

Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

• Options
    1. DIA or NLRFTA
    2. We have our fire inspection and home study left. Everything else is good to go. We haven't scheduled either yet because our SW is on vacation.
    3. I'm trying to get my neck injury healed up.
    4. I spend time with my DD and then u got to take a nap and my DH made a surf and turf dinner for me, my mom and his mom! It was great :-)
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    Rink08Rink08 member
    edited May 2014
    1.)PAP for identified adoption (a toddler). I was also adopted as an older toddler.

2.)We've just started the process (submited all of the clearances, physicals are next week, contacted SW for home study process) and I'm already frustrated with it.

3.)We have 3 boys who have been keeping me busy with their schedules, getting the house together (sorting through sell/donate items), and running.

4.)We went hiking, played in a creek, and to the zoo.
  • Options
    sgb721sgb721 member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type? DIA- waiting

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backsWe're just waiting. I keep seeing posts about individuals who've been fortunate and found their match within a few short months. We're at 15 months of home study approval and waiting with our profile only being shown twice. Its frustrating and disheartening. At least, that's how I'm feeling right now.

3.) AR-QOTW - How do you manage the waiting? I try and bury myself in work or random crafts. I think I've decluttered our house from top to bottom at least 4 times in the past year. Pretty soon there will be nothing left LOL.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What did you do for Mother's Day? We took my MIL out to breakfast and then we actually headed into the city to see a hockey game. Mothers day is hard for me- its another reminder of our angels, of our waiting to find our child, of not being viewed as an 'expectant mom'. I hope next year we'll be celebrating with our LO.

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    annaliselannalisel member
    edited May 2014
    1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? DIA adoptive mom
    Waiting for the social worker to complete her report to the state.
    3.) AR-QOTW - How do you manage the waiting?We did projects around the house and weekends away whenever we could manage. My emotions veered widely from happiness we'd finally have a child in our home to despair that we'd never get picked. 
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What did you do for Mother's Day?DH worked all day, but baby and I went to a museum and had a picnic. My mom and I talked on the phone for a couple of hours too. I'm pretty sure that last year I worked so as to avoid all association with Mother's Day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"