Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

city select double? positives? negatives?

we have wanted this stroller for our son (16 months) forever & we are expecting & found an awesome deal, so we ordered the double today. my only thing is, that i see so much positive.. i want to know negatives. i can't find any online. if you have this stroller, what do you really like/dislike about it. i really want to know what i am getting myself into, google is usually really great for that- but it is all really one sided on the city select. 

& if it is the magical stroller that has no flaws thats great. but i doubt it 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: city select double? positives? negatives?

• Options
    I was coming here to ask about the select so I'm hoping others answer. I know I'm concerned that it can't be collapsed while both seats are attached and wonder how easy/hard/annoying it is to take and put back on the second seat.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• Options
    I had it briefly for my girls who are 28 months apart. I disliked it. When the car seat is attached in the top "seat" you can't see the second seat. You can't pop curbs. The fold wasn't really a problem or removing the seats since it's very easy to remove/add them. When both seats are facing out, you can't recline them. The seats were very small, even with the adjustable canopy my oldest looked cramped. The steering isn't as good as a side by side. I didn't think I'd want a side by side but sold my city select and got a city mini gt double. I love it!! I also had an uppababy vista and added a rumble seat for quick trips.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This stroller had been my lust for a while until I saw parents at disney land trying to take off the seats to get on the shuttle. Trying to carry 2 kids, 2 seats, stroller frame and bags onto a bus when there is a huge line behind you did not look fun.

I'm now having twins and need a double but I bought the city mini gt double. As pp also stated the seats are super small so I don't think we will be able to use it for a long time with my tall kids.

Also I can see fights happening because they both want to sit in front. Plus the rear seat can't climb in by themselves.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    The City Select is on sale for $489 at pish posh baby right now
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• Options
    That's the one I ordered from pish posh!! Such a good deal :)
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    I thought it was hard to push and there aren't really as many seating options as advertised because if baby is facing you in the top seat, you are limited with what you can do with the front seat.  I get that it's great for some people but I would do a slightly wider side by side any day of the week.
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    nrb4576nrb4576 member
    It's a little heavy, but I think also great quality. We love this as a single & double. Popping the 2nd seat off to put in the trunk is no big deal. Takes like 20 seconds. I probably would not lug to disney world as pp mentioned - would rent/buy a cheap umbrella for a place like that! Overall, we love ours!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My kids are 15 months apart.  I loved this stroller.  Still use it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have this for twins who are now 4 months old. We are still using the adapters for Chicco Keyfit infant carriers. I think it is very easy to push and steer!! I can push with one hand and practically walk next to it. The basket underneath is huge and easily accessible. The brake is up by the handle and super easy to use. It is easy to take the adapters off and fold down to put in trunk. I love it so far! Yes, you can't pop a curb with it, but to me that isn't a big deal.
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

• Options
    I HATED my CS.  I have twins and it was great when I was using the infant adapter but when we switched to the seats it sucked.  The harnesses get twisted up easily.  Taking the second seat off and on to fold it is a major PITA especially when you also have 2 kids to deal with.  You can't recline the seats or the kids are literally laying in each others laps. 

I sold it and bought a Bumbleride Indie Twin which I mostly like.  Only downside so far is the seats dont sit upright enough for me.  I am looking at the Valco Zee Two if I can get my hands on it.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"