May 2014 Moms
Options

40wks and bed rest.... What the...

So, I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of my baby, I am sure we are all in the same boat. I have been trying all the old wives tales to get her to make her appearance.. But the last week I have had bad headaches, and just the last few days bad swelling in my hands & feet. May be normal for some, but it has not been for me. Long story short, was told to go to L&D and had some tests run. Everything was good- baby is healthy, etc. but my blood pressure is elevated- my dr stated I had to stop all the extra stuff (cleaning, scrubbing, etc) and just lay in bed other then to potty, eat & shower- I am quite discouraged, I can't believe bed rest is even thought of at this point.

Just sharing!

Re: 40wks and bed rest.... What the...

• Options
    Yikes I would be extremely frustrated! Hopefully the no movement will help baby come soon so your not going crazy for long!
  • Options
    Seriously!!! I was shocked today... But I guess the good news is baby is healthy. So I suck it up, and wait.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Craved1Craved1 member
    I'm due on the 30th and have been dealing with "elevated" BP too. Dr gave me the same advice to rest, I could walk around but in his words " I wouldn't go to Disneyland or anything" but in the same breath says that I'm close enough to my due date and baby is healthy that if I was to go into labor then it wouldn't be a bad thing. So why stay in bed?!?!? I decided to go to California Adventure instead :)
  • Options
    @Pat_gina‌ I love your optimism most woman on here just want to complain and your understanding the health of the baby so you'll do what dr says! Major kudos to you!!

@Craved1‌ I'd be so scared to kinda go against bed rest orders maybe it's not just a concern of gng into labour before you due date or else he'd just induce you don't you think?
  • Options
    Craved1Craved1 member
    It was a take "it easy order". For me not to do anything strenuous. I hope to go the full 40 wks.
  • Options
    DCA!!! Ohhhh how I miss Disney :-( we have passes and last time it was too overwhelming for me. Took an hr to get from the park entrance to our car, I panicked- if I was in labor I think I would be punching people- hahaha!!

Being optimistic is hard when you hear bed rest, I assumed I would walk this baby right out, not gonna happen. My due date is today, feeling a bit bummed- but I guess we are not in control, the baby is.

Good luck ladies!!
  • Options
    Nope! Those words never were typed on my behalf... But either way was just sharing, whatever anyone wants to do with it is their business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"