Health & Exercise
Options

How to maintain weight

I m 22 weeks and have gained 30 lbs so far on my first pregnancy. :'( I am getting nervous as I want to be healthy and have difficulty walking due to swelling ankles. What are you suggestions for helping me not gain any additional weight until need be towards the end of pregnancy. Any ideas for pregnancy approved exercises, etc? Thanks in advance!

Re: How to maintain weight

• Options
    Be careful with high calorie cravings. Try to choose low cal, healthy meals, snacks, & desserts and talk to your dr to see what they recommend. Diet causes weight gain/loss, not exercise. It's normal to gain weight when pregnant, but it's also possible to gain too much weight. I gained 50 lbs with each of my pregnancies. However, my dr said because I have started the pregnancy underweight both times that it may just be what my body needs to sustain the pregnancy and I just work hard to lose the weight after.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Options
    Same boat! I've gained 25lbs already. At my appointment today they were concerned until I told them I had very low body fat pre-pregnancy. They told me my body is getting to a weight it knows it needs to be at to carry the baby. I'm sure everything will be just fine. :) planks are good to strengthen your core as you will need to use those muscles during labor. Try 10min running clock of 20secs plank 10 sec rest. Also prenatal yoga I hear is great! Trying my first class tomorrow! :)
    Envy1328 said:
    I m 22 weeks and have gained 30 lbs so far on my first pregnancy. :'( I am getting nervous as I want to be healthy and have difficulty walking due to swelling ankles. What are you suggestions for helping me not gain any additional weight until need be towards the end of pregnancy. Any ideas for pregnancy approved exercises, etc? Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"