May 2014 Moms
Options

Wraps

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Wraps

• Options
    mmksmmks member
    I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Boba wrap!  It had great reviews on amazon.  Can't say anything about it from experience yet though.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had the k'tan with DS. It was super easy to use and our only issue was that he was such a hot baby that he would get too hot if I was trying to do anything around the house. This time around I have my k'tan and also my boba 3G to use.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went with a moby. The boba and Ktan have stretch to it so they don't last as long weight wise. But it depends on how long you want to baby wear or if you have something to use for when they are heavier.

Never heard of a solly. But moby and boba are popular in my area as a great place to start.
  • Options
    I love my Boba wrap. I have a k'tan this time as it's less material and I run super hot so didn't want to bother with the Boba. I also love a woven wrap which I will be using since cotton and cotton/linen are much more breathable than the jersey stretchy material of Boba wraps, Moby, etc...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I have a moby and love it
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SMM1986SMM1986 member
    I have a Boba and I guess I'm not doing it right cause I feel like she's gonna fall out? I have trouble getting it super tight because it is so long I find it hard to work with.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have an Ergo wrap sitting in my closet, waiting for this baby to arrive.  It's a new product, so I can't speak much to the pros and cons of it, but thought I would mention it in case you need more options.  ;)
    imageimage">BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I have a moby. It definitely takes practice but if you can get it really tight it works well. DD loved it and would fall asleep almost instantly when in it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SMM1986 said:

I have a Boba and I guess I'm not doing it right cause I feel like she's gonna fall out? I have trouble getting it super tight because it is so long I find it hard to work with.

I feel the same way. I've tried it several times and watched the videos, etc and still feel like she's going to drop right out. Frustrating! I have an ergo carrier with the newborn insert and it's great! I'm hoping that with more practice I can make the wrap work because it would be so nice around the house.
  • Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    I loved our K'Tan for DS1. I haven't pulled it out yet for this one, but my DH used it the other night. I love that its easy to use and I don't have to wrap and tie it. I used it until my DS got too heavy for me to carry comfortably (18 months or so). For me that didn't have anything to do with the carrier (we also used the ergo), I just got tired of lugging around my chunky kid! 
    image    image

• Options
    XathXath member
    I've been favoring my ring sling this time. Babe is super cozy, and will snuggle for hours.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    With the Boba wrap you want to make sure it's tightly wrapped on you before baby is even in it. That's the key. Nice & snug otherwise it's going to sag & feel loose. It has a lot of give as y'all are figuring out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ns1 said:

I have a moby. It definitely takes practice but if you can get it really tight it works well. DD loved it and would fall asleep almost instantly when in it.

This.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I used the k'tan for DS and just started using it with DD and still love it as much as I did the first go round! Super easy to use!!
  • Options
    I bought a ktan before I had DD but the sizing wasn't right post pregnancy so I gave it away. I got a bjorn miracle instead and used it from week 2 until about 8months. By 6months I didn't like the crotch dangler design (its not really an issue for a newborn as it covers them knee to knee but becomes more and more of a crotch dangler as LO get longer.) I switched to an action baby toddler carrier.
    This time I have a nesting days newborn carrier for the first few weeks, then will switch the the bjorn then the ABC.
  • Options
    SMM1986SMM1986 member
    I had more success with the Boba yesterday - I actually got DD in it so that's good, but I felt uncomfortable (like she was sagging). I'm going to keep trying cause I'm sure at this point I'm doing it right and it's practice makes perfect now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a FTM still with an inside baby, and I have the K'tan, I have a friend who recommended it. She loves it, so I figured I would give it a shot. It seems simple enough to use. I just need an outside baby to get the full effect of it.
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited May 2014
    FTM here and I got a boba wrap and love it! It is so easy to put on once you do it one or two times and get peanut in and so comfortable even with my section healing (I am 5 days pp) and as mentioned the key to it is making sure it is tight on you before LO goes in
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JAM85 said:
    FTM here and I got a boba wrap and love it! It is so easy to put on once you do it one or two times and get peanut in and so comfortable even with my section healing (I am 5 days pp)
    How big your baby? I'm dying to use my moby but he's barely 7 pounds yet and the recommendation is 8 pounds - but I'm curious to see if I could do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"