Parenting after 35

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Don't know about any of you but the weather here in my neck of the woods was BEAUTIFUL today.  So much so that my 2 year old was in her bathing suit in her kiddie pool having a grand old time this afternoon.  Hope you all had a great day!   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Happy Mother's Day!!!!

• My DH did better than I expected so it was a good first Mother's Day!  Glad your day was good!
  • GuennieGuennie member
    We had a very mellow day here. DH and I were both tired. He did get me a sweet card though.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Whipple did you have to do something with your in laws?  I did BOOOO!!!  it reiterated the fact that I am but a mere vessle for grandchildren.  This is what my Hubs posted on his Facebook page:

"Early breakfast with (his mom's name), hanging in the yard and lunch with (me) (if eating standing up in the kitchen counts) and dinner out west to see my mother in law and sister in law. All fine examples of motherhood! Very lucky to have them all in the kids lives!

To that my mother in law posted back:
    "Loved having breakfast with my favorite sons and the best grandchildren ever."  Had I known my presence was not necessary I totally would have stayed home and slept in.  Ya can't make this crap up!!!  Happy Vessle, I mean mother's day to me! LOL

• Oh my, that is crap.  I would be so angry!  Yes, @geeps2, I had to see my MIL, but she isn't as bad as yours.  She just makes crappy comments about how Evie doesn't know her and how she doesn't know why her mommy is the only one who can console her.  Uh, because I'm her mom.  That's what mom's do.  I generally tend to just ignore her when she's at our house.  I think she still owes me an apology from Easter, but there's no way I'll ever get it from her.

Just so no one thinks I'm unnecessarily angry at her, on Easter, we went to my DH's aunt's house for a late lunch.  Before we ate, everyone was hanging out outside because it was finally nice enough weather to do so. We were standing outside of the garage because there were people inside the garage smoking (with the doors open).  MIL came up to me and asked if she could hold Evie.  I gave her to her and MIL walked away from me (her way of resolving E crying when she holds her and can see me).  She took her into the garage.  I stood there for a minute in dis-belief trying to figure out why in the hell she would take a 5 month old into a garage where people were smoking.  As I was getting more and more angry about the situation and about to say something to DH, Evie started crying so MIL brought her back to me.  I told her I didn't want her in the garage where people were smoking.  Her comment was there were only a few people smoking.  Uh, what?  I told her I didn't care, I didn't want her around it.  I'm going to be angry about that one for awhile.
  • Hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day.  We were busy, lunch at FILs then MIL came over for dinner.  It was gorgeous out too.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Holy Shizzzz whipple!!!! I would be fuming.  My MIL is warped but would not have the kids around smokers.  I 9 times out of 10 can just ignore her and blow it off because she really doesn't like anyone so I don't take it personally.  I can't stand her "know it all" attitude like I am a moron and don't know what I am doing and need to be schooled.  Just yesterday she asked me if my DD had had a hot dog on Mother's day???  I thought it was a weird question but went with it anyway.  I told her no, she didn't and if she told you she did she was fibbing (my DD is only 2 and has a great imagination) I wish she would eat a damn hot dog the kid is driving me nuts because she is so god forsaken picky. She then proceed to ask if I knew that hot dogs were a choking hazard.  Again I told her I knew that but she doesn't eat them.......EVER.  Undeterred she continued to tell me that a client of theirs (she worked with the ARC as an admin for years) almost choked to death on a hot dog so I should be careful.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  First off, God created knives to cut food up with, 2nd the kid won't eat them and 3rd, she has a bunch of teeth that work and she is a very good chewer and swallower so if I gave her a hot dog at this point I am certain she would live to see another day.  I had all I could do not to scream at her or slap her.  I wanted so badly to retort back "and you think allowing her to watch countless hours of TV while you "watch" her is developmentally appropriate?  She wanted to get my 2 year old her own tablet for Christmas.  I damn near had a heart attack!!!!  Thank god I have better childcare options starting in September so I only have to have them watch the kids 2xs a month instead of 2xs a week like they are doing now.  It just isn't worth it.

• Oh, MILs...  :x

In however many years I have before I become a grandma, I am going to do everything in my power to remember how irritated I am currently so I am not that kind of grandparent.  
  • GuennieGuennie member
    Sometimes there are benefits to family living out of state. I must remember this. :)

P.S. My daughter won't be around any smoking. Ever. Period. Everyone knows this. I'm the mom, MY RULE. I don't care who is offended. I am the one who is offended by anyone who wants to put my child at risk. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"