Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

STILL bleeding 5 weeks after...

Hi ladies, how are we all doing?

I haven't posted for a while but I have a dilemma. Today is 5 weeks after my D&C and I'm still bleeding. This is really beginning to piss me off ~X( The hospital told me I'd bleed for up to 10 days. I took that with a grain of salt because most women I've talked to said they bled for about 2 weeks so when 10 days came and went and I was still bleeding I didn't freak out. Even after the 2 week mark I didn't pay much attention because I thought maybe I was just one of those women who bled for longer. Now, after 5 weeks I'm beginning to worry. Some days it's just really light spotting and others it's more akin to a moderate period flow. Most of the time it's brown/orange/pink in colour. There have even been a few days where I've not bled at all. In fact last week (4 weeks post D&C) I started cramping and then started bleeding bright red blood quite heavily so I assumed I had gotten my period. That only lasted 2 days and then I didn't bleed at all for a few days. I was so happy because I thought it was finally over but just today I've started bleeding (bright red) again. Honestly it's never ending! I plan on calling my doctor but I thought I'd ask you guys first because you have experience. Should I even be worried? Is this just something I have to put up with? It's dragging the whole thing out way longer than necessary and making the emotional healing part a lot harder :(( Help please!

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!

Re: STILL bleeding 5 weeks after...

• Options
    I would definitely call the doctor. It could just be the way your body has reacted or there could be retained tissue causing a problem. Out of the 9 weeks since my D&C I have bled for 4 - 2 weeks after the procedure, 1 week 30 days after the procedure and 1 week 21 days after that. I assume the second and third bout were periods. The bleeding was start and stop during the first so perhaps your post D&C bleeding just ran into your period, too. The best thing is, as you said, to call the doctor in the morning.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    KingLEDKingLED member

I would definitely call the doctor. It could just be the way your body has reacted or there could be retained tissue causing a problem.

Exactly this. Definitely call.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Please call. Don't take any chances!
  • Options
    Yaz14Yaz14 member
    Thanks ladies. I've made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow.

• Options
    FX for a good appt. tomorrow. hugs
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    Its definitely best to get checked out. I've been bleeding every 2 weeks it seems since my loss back in March. She said sometimes the thyroid goes whack from the trauma. They also are checking to see if I'm anemic from it.

Hope it's nothing. It's annoying as all hell!
  • Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    @Yaz14‌ Was your appt today? How did it go?
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Yes please! (Sorry lurking from ttcal). I was also bleeding for weeks post d and c. On advice of ttcal board I scheduled back with the doc and glad I did.
    BFP jan 12/2014 D&C Feb 10 BFP (still?) mar 17/2014 D&C mar 24 third d&c April 7 both triple x mRI may 9th uterus shadow suspect choriocarcinoma Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Yaz14: I've had off and on spotting for about 3 weeks post D&C.  At my follow up with my RE she told me that this length of time was normal but that eventually it should stop and I should have a break where there is no bleeding.  Then I should get a period and resume a normal cycle.  She said to contact her if the bleeding didn't stop.  Given what you've said it looks like yours didn't stop, so I'm glad you made the appointment.  I hope that everything went well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Me: 34, PCD (defective cilia in fallopian tubes), borderline thyroid

DH: 35, borderline morphology otherwise healthy

Married 7 yrs, TTC 3.5 yrs

7 IUIs in 2013: All BFN

IVF #1 w/ ICSI: 11/07/13 * 14 5 day embryos; 2 transferred * BFN

FET #1: 2/27/14 * 2 transferred * BFP! * U/S #2: No HB * D&E on 4/18/14

FET #2: 9/18/14 * 2 transferred * BFP!

1st beta (11dp5dt): 919 * 2nd beta (13dp5dt): 2097 * 3rd beta (19dt5dt): 13,689

1st U/S: Twins!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yaz14Yaz14 member
    Hi @EllyD14 and other lovely ladies,

Sorry for such a late reply, work's been hectic! 

I went for my doctors appointment and he said that it was unusual to be bleeding that long after a D&C, he said that 2 weeks, maybe 3 tops would have been normal but 5 weeks was really pushing it. He said I needed to get bloods taken to see where my hcg is at and have another ultrasound to make sure everything is out and if not I may need another D&C.

I called the ultrasound place and they said that since it had been so long since my miscarriage (like 5 weeks is ages right?!) that they couldn't consider the ultrasound pregnancy related so I would have to pay $200! I was like "So you're telling me after I've just been through a miscarriage that you're going to charge me $200 for a simple scan?" she apologised and said that was policy. I reluctantly agreed and made the appointment. They also couldn't see me until next Thursday, so not for over a week from that point. Ugh!

But.... the next day the bleeding stopped. I didn't bleed the next day either, or the next. I'm now on day 5 of of no bleeding. This is the longest I've gone without bleeding since the D&C and I'm praying like hell that this is the end. I've kept the appointment but if I continue to not bleed until the day before the scan I'll call and cancel. I'm not sure if I should go and get my bloods taken, I don't think there's any point unless I start bleeding again. I took a HPT and it came back negative so I'm happy with that!

• Options
    I also bled for 5 weeks after my MC. I think the 5th week was actually my period though becuase the bleeding had gotten lighter/spotty and then all of a sudden got heavier again and then finally stopped. I think the 2 just ran into each other so it seemed like I just was never going to stop bleeding. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options

I'm having this issue as well. I had my D&C on 4/11. I bled heavily for at least the first week, then it went down to medium and then spotting. On 5/5 it started heavy again which I believe was my period and the doctor agreed it "probably" was at my appt on 5/12. Today is 5/20 and I'm still wearing a panty liner and having brown and red spotting with EWCM so I'm guessing I'm O'ing again. At this point, I'm praying for a no panyliner day before my next period comes. It's really getting old.

At my follow-up appt on 5/12 and they did an internal exam, checked my uterus and did a pregnancy test (negative).  The bleeding level isn't enough to be concerned about (I don't think) but it's really annoying.  If it doesn't stop soon, I'll be calling them back.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"