Food Allergy

Is this a milk allergy?

I apologize if this has been asked a million times, but I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything- so here goes.

I am concerned that my 11.5 month old may have a milk allergy. She's been breastfed and I've not seen any of the "common" issues like blood/mucus in stools, extra fussy, or anything like that and I consume a lot of dairy. She's had yogurt and cheese many times and I haven't noticed any issues.

Yesterday, we began giving her just a taste of milk, to see how she'd do, as I'm hoping to mostly transition at a year to milk in her sippy during the day and only nursing morning and night for a little while. Within a few minutes of her drinking the milk yesterday and today, I noticed a couple of pinkish spots on the left side of her mouth. The only other time I noticed these spots is when she had kraft mac n cheese, a small amount. She's had plenty of other pasta without issue, in case that's important. The spots go away within 5ish minutes of her being done eating. I also noticed that her stools yesterday were a little more frequent and slightly more loose. 

I'm sorry that this is kind of all over the place, I'm really concerned and am unsure of where to go from here. If she does have a milk allergy- what do I give to her instead of milk once she is a year old?

Thanks for listening and I appreciate any advice or experience you all are willing to share.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Is this a milk allergy?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"