May 2014 Moms

very important question about losing the plug

After losing bits and pieces of one plug for more than a week, an entire new plug fell out in the middle of the night when I got up to pee.  So, my super important question:  What kind of gift or bribe do you think would entice my cervix to do without a plug instead of trying to grow another one between now and whenever the baby comes?

Re: very important question about losing the plug

• I am no help. I asked my midwife a similar question yesterday. I lost my mucus plug at 30 weeks, 36 weeks and a few days ago at 39 weeks. I wish it would stop growing and the baby would just come out already! 

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • Loading the player...
  • There's no real way for you to know it was a new plug and not just the rest of the first one :)
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• DD2 came soon after I lost mine in big huge chunks, so fingers crossed for you! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't notice losing it at all when I had Benjamin, and three weeks or so ago the midwife did a cervical check and said I was 3 cm.  I thought dilation=no more plug and that I would get to miss that mess again this time.  Nope.  Blech.  I'm ok with going late, but I really hope I don't grow any more plug between now and baby day.

DH made me a wonderful giant cookie for anniversary/mother's day, so maybe that'll work as a bribe so I don't grow any more to replace the one that came out. 
  • I was actually just wondering if dilation means no more plug. With DD I lost it in huge globs like a week before she was born and I wasn't dilated basically until I went into labor (I was "mayyyyybe 1cm" 3 days before she was born). This time I'm already 2cm (since 37 weeks) and I never saw my plug so I was trying to figure out I if I missed it or if it was somehow still in there!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I lost mine in pieces starting at 36 weeks. On Thursday (When I was 39 weeks) I lost a huge chunk, I noticed a little more yesterday when I went to the bathroom. I am just trying to figure out how do you know if you really lost all of it.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • sws684sws684 member
    Lost mine in one chunk yesterday... I guess it was the whole thing.. Still anxiously awaiting labor to begin.. 39 weeks tomorrow.. I'm so eager..
  • CMDR513CMDR513 member
    edited May 2014
    I lost parts of mine last Thurs and more Friday. My water broke that night. A coworker lost hers three weeks ago and her water just broke at midnight. You never know.

• Giant cookie=apparently not a good enough bribe.  I just lost another gob as big as the one I lost last night.  grumble.
  • Everytime I go to the bathroom I hope to find it. No luck so far. I hope yours gets out & stays out!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm with you….I think I would die….or he might…I don't know!

tjkdlhb said:
    ho11yday said:
    A nasty chunk fell out yesterday onto DH's penis. Yeah. Hot.
    That just convinced me not to DTD tonight.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • @MK1013 Yeah, it's a bit like "cue the Jaws music, the plug might be coming" every time I go pee now.  That's a lot of Jaws music.  Not my favorite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"