May 2014 Moms
Options

Think I'm getting a cold sore and I'm freaking!

Ugh.. So I have a doc appt first thing Monday and will discuss it then. In the meantime I figured I would vent and maybe hope someone on here has been in a similar situation. I've only gotten one cold sore in my life.. Two years ago. Never got one since, and have even wondered since then if I truly had one. Today out of nowhere though one starts forming on my lip. (Don't know what else it would have been). Right away I start icing and applying abreva (pharmisct approved it and my nurse practitioner aunt). I'm just a nervous wreck though cause now I'm scared I'll go into labor before it's cleared up. The thought of not being able to get my face near my baby brings me to tears. I've had false labor once, and now I'm hoping this thing will clear ASAP. Anyone ever had a cold sore so close to delivery or during?

Re: Think I'm getting a cold sore and I'm freaking!

• Options
    One showed up here two days after my C-Section. It also happened when I delivered my son 2.5 years ago. It sucks, but I got meds from the Dr. as soon as I felt it coming on and it's already almost healed 2 days later.

I hate not being able to kiss my baby's face but there's not much I can do about it. Just remember to wash your hands a lot since we tend to touch our faces without realizing.
  • Options
    I literally had one pop up this past week. I've been applying abreeva and hoping it goes away before little dude gets here.
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If its early u could take oral acyclovir or valacyclovir to shorten duration. Pregnancy category b I believe
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Sucks you all have this issue as well.. But it is comforting to know I'm not alone. Hopefully little man will stay put for another week now.
  • Options
    I've gotten them since I was a kid and I have had so many since getting pregnant. This may sound weird but what works for me is a tea bag. I run it under hot water and put it on there. I read it somewhere once and it worked. Made it go away faster than normal. Also there is a vitamin called l lysine and that is supposed to help prevent them but I don't think I've ever stuck with it Iong enough to find out.

• Options
    Hbird05 said:

I've gotten them since I was a kid and I have had so many since getting pregnant. This may sound weird but what works for me is a tea bag. I run it under hot water and put it on there. I read it somewhere once and it worked. Made it go away faster than normal. Also there is a vitamin called l lysine and that is supposed to help prevent them but I don't think I've ever stuck with it Iong enough to find out.

It's actually clearing up super fast. I think the abreva is really working and the fact that I caught it so early. I want to try this tea bag trick though. Does it matter what type of tea?

• Options
    I just use regular Lipton tea. Im not sure if it makes a difference what kind you use or not but that might be something for me to try next time like green tea or something.

• Options
    Oh so I alternate that with ice as well for the swelling. If I catch them right away it usually does the trick.

• Options
    Yes I used ice a lot on day one and that helped tons. It's so small and hardly there now but I know it's not healed. It's like a mad race against time as my due date is in 8 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"